Finals

Y/n's POV
December 27th 2022

The day has arrived. Today is The Voice Finals. I could have never imagined myself auditioning for The Voice, let alone making it all the way through to the finals, but here I am.

It's currently 8:30am and i'm on my way to the studio to meet up with Kelly. We had decided to have a quick rehearsal before the actual performance later tonight.
"Hey, there you are!" Kelly beams, holding out her arms to give me a hug. I gladly accept before sitting down on the couch. We catch up for a few minutes, talking about our Christmases, before Kelly gets up and looks through her notes.

"Alright so since you'll be singing a big song tonight, we should have you rest your voice in preparation for that." I nod in agreement.
"Do you have any requests on what song you'd like to sing for right now?" Kelly questions. I think for a moment before smiling slightly.
"Uh yeah.. How about 'Falling' by Harry?" I offer. Kelly agrees with no hesitation and goes to set up the backing track.

Kelly comes back and hands me a mic just as the backing track begins to play. I take a deep breath and begin to sing the verses.

I'm in my bed
And you're not here
And there's no one to blame but the drink in my wandering hands
Forget what I said
It's not what I meant
And I can't take it back, I can't unpack the baggage you left

What am I now? What am I now?
What if I'm someone I don't want around?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling
What if I'm down? What if I'm out?
What if I'm someone you won't talk about?
I'm falling again, I'm falling again, I'm falling

I hold the last note for a few seconds as the backing track ends softly. Kelly wipes away a tear before clapping her hands.
"You sounded so beautiful!" She compliments. I smile, feeling proud of myself for being able to get through singing that without breaking down and crying, like last time. After everything i've gone through the last few months, singing that song isn't the worst thing anymore.

Kelly and I continue with rehearsal, as she gives me some tips for improvement. We had decided beforehand to have rehearsal until around 11:30am so then we can get ready for the show, which is at 2pm.

It is now 1:20pm and i'm at The Voice studio getting ready for the show. Since tonight is the last performance for this season, Kelly kindly bought me an outfit to wear, as she says this is her little tradition she does with finalists on her team.

After getting my hair and makeup done, I slip on the red dress before looking in the mirror admiring how stunning it looks.

I add my own jewellery to the look, just as a knock is heard from the door.
"Come in!" I call out, placing a ring on my finger. I hear the door open then close, so I turn around to see Scarlett stood there. I smile as I notice her looking me up and down, so I pose slightly.
"So.. What do you think?" I question. Scarlett snaps back into her thoughts, looking into my eyes.
"You look- Incredible." She expresses. I blush slightly before noticing her own outfit. The beige strapless dress hugs her curves in the most perfect way and it reveals her tattoos including her back tattoo.