Evans

Y/n's POV

It's been three days since the incident. Florence has been keeping me updated with Scarlett's condition from the night I left the hospital, as well as early this morning. Only because I still haven't gone back to the hospital since leaving abruptly.

"Hey there you are! We haven't seen each other in a while.. And we live together!" Ellis looks at me concerned, as he pours us both cups of coffee. I smile at him, making my way to the kitchen island.
"Yeah it's just been a busy few days I guess." Ellis nods understandingly, handing me my coffee. We both go to the living room couch, deciding on what to watch this morning. Of course Ellis decides to watch something Marvel related, so he chooses Agent Carter.

We relax, watching the episode, when my phone buzzes, indicating that i've received a text.

Flo: Hey are you planning on coming to the hospital?
Me: I don't think so
Flo: Come on Y/n, we need to be there for her
Me: But why me? I'm barely friends with her.. Just a contestant on her team
Flo: We both know you're more than that to her.

I sigh reading the text from Florence. I decide not to reply, putting my phone down to continue watching the show. I feel eyes watching me, so I look over to my right and see Ellis looking at me intently.
"And what are you looking at?" I frown.
"Who was that?" Ellis raises a brow. I roll my eyes before taking a sip of coffee.
"Nobody." Ellis sighs and returns his attention to the TV.

It pains me that I can't tell him this specific thing. But the news about Scarlett miraculously hasn't come out yet, so I don't want to worry him in any way. If that means I have to be a shitty friend, then so be it.

"Y/n i'm leaving, i'll be back Sunday, quite late. Don't stay up for me." Ellis calls out from his bedroom. I lean against the doorframe of his bedroom, observing my surroundings.
"Remember to take your key. I don't need to be woken up at 2am again just to let you in." I roll my eyes at the memory. Ellis laughs, grabbing his keys from the dresser, before kissing my forehead and leaving.

Ellis decided to visit his parents for the weekend. They live in Brooklyn, whereas Ellis and I live in Manhattan.

It's 1:30pm. I look around the apartment and notice how unclean it is, so I decide to spend the day cleaning, as it will give me a chance to distract my mind from everything. I turn on some music and bring out the vacuum ready to sort out the living room mess.

I'm an hour into cleaning the apartment when I hear a few knocks at the door. "Who the hell could that be?" I think to myself as I switch off the vacuum and walk towards the door. I look through the peephole, to see a tall man at the other side of the door. I sigh before unlocking the door and opening it.

"Y/n." The man says simply.
"Chris. How did you know where I live?" I look at him confused.
"Uhm Florence." He reveals.

How the hell did Florence know? She's never even been here..

I move allowing Chris to come into the apartment. Safe to say i'm glad I decided to clean since THE Chris Evans is in my apartment right now. Chris sits on the couch as I bring him a glass of water. He thanks me before I sit beside him.

"So what brings you here?" I ask, not really knowing what else to say.
"Y/n, it's been three days.." He begins. I sigh, knowing this was bound to come up.
"When are you coming back to the hospital?" He questions. I pause, looking anywhere but at him.
"Y/n." The tone of his voice became quite stern. I give in and look up at him. His eyes were softer than his voice. It felt.. comforting?

"I can't go. Seeing her like that, in pain like that. It's too much for me." I explain. Chris nods, putting a hand on my shoulder.
"It's difficult for me too, but we need to support her through this. Remember how much she's going through right now, with the whole custody battle, being a single mom. It's a lot for her, as well as little Rose." I sigh, knowing Chris was of course right about this whole situation.

We spoke for a little while until Chris needed to leave. I grab my phone from the coffee table to check the time, 2:50pm. I look down at the screen and notice 5 texts as well as 2 missed calls from.. Scarlett.

Fuck.

A/n i'm sorry for the shitty chapter and the lack of updates, i've been busy with exams and i have writers block :/