Someone like you

Y/n's POV

It's 8:45am. I'm supposed to be at Scarlett's house at 10am. I drag my body out of bed and go to the bathroom to start my morning routine.

Once I'm done I go to my wardrobe to pick out an outfit. I couldn't really be bothered to make much of an effort, so I opted for some jeans and an oversized shirt. I tuck it in a little, before sorting out my hair and makeup.

As I curl the last section of my hair, Ellis barges into my room

"Knock much?" I roll my eyes
"Oh please, I wouldn't care if I walked in on you naked. We both know I don't play for that team." I laugh at his response before spraying some hairspray.

"So where are you going this early?" Ellis asks as he lays down on my bed.
"Scarlett's for rehearsal." I reply as I fill in my brows.
"Y/n pleaseeee can I come with you?" He begs. He truly acts more like a child everyday.
"Ellis I don't think that would be a good idea." I say softly, making sure I don't hurt his feelings. He nods understandably.

I make it to Scarlett's gated home. Like before, I text her so she knows I've arrived. Not long after the gates open and I see Scarlett stood at the front door, a huge smile plastered on her face. When I'm close enough, she brings me into a hug.

"Y/n! I'm so happy to see you again, how are you?" She asks with a genuine tone.
"I'm doing good, how about you?" I respond smiling at her.
"So good..Now that you're here." She replies before walking away, gesturing me to follow her.

Now what the fuck did she mean with that?

We end up back at her home studio. Scarlett begins setting up the necessary equipment whilst I stand awkwardly by the door. Once she's done she looks up at me and laughs.

"You can come in and sit down you know. I won't bite." She teased. I give her a small smile and go to sit on the couch. She smiles at my antics before handing me a mic.

"So I was thinking you should sing a song that'll show off your talent, that will blow away the other coaches and everyone else." She says confidently.
"And what song would that be?" I question a little worried.
"How about some Adele?" Scarlett replies
I smile and nod making her squeal in excitement. God she's actually really cute.

Oh Lord Y/n not again!

Scarlett starts to play the backing track to 'Someone like you' and sits beside me on the couch, watching me intently. I take a deep breath before singing the first two verses.

I heard that you're settled down
That you found a girl and you're married now
I heard that your dreams came true
Guess she gave you things, I didn't give to you
Old friend, why are you so shy?
Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light