I'm not going anywhere

Scarlett's POV
Same day as last chapter

"Oh I love that packaging!" I exclaim making Kate laugh in agreement.
"Yes the Hyaluroset logo on the front is so pretty!" Kate responds as we continue looking through some pictures of our newest product - The botanical barrier balm.

Kate and I are in Santa Monica this weekend for a few The Outset meetings and photo shoots. We wanted to get some pictures of the models at the beach using the new product so we opted to come down to the Santa Monica Pier.

The entire day went by and now it's 9pm. We all say goodbye to each other before we leave the set. I get into my drivers car and he begins to drive back to my hotel. I text my brother Hunter to check on how he's doing with Rose, as I had asked him to watch her this weekend whilst i'm in California.

The drive to the hotel is taking longer than usual as the traffic is awful.
"Hey Max is there another route you could go? To avoid the traffic?" I ask my driver as I look out the window to see the long line of cars in front of us.
"Sure thing Miss." He answers as he turns left to take a detour. I laugh at his response.
"Max i've told you, you can call me Scarlett." I explain.

We continue to drive down the more quieter roads, not one car or person nearby. Looking out in the distance I notice a petite body near the entrance of an alley. Lying on the ground, not moving. The closer we get to the alley the more I think the person is in need of help.

"Max pull over please." I request. He does as I say and pulls over in front of the alley. I get out of the car and run towards the body. I gently turn the body, gasping when I see the familiar face.

"Max call 911!" I scream out. I hold the fragile body towards mine, caressing her cheek, tucking some hair away from her face.
"Please be okay, Y/n please be okay.." I whisper as I assess her situation. Her face red with slight bruising, her jeans unbuttoned and pulled down, her stomach bruised..

Not long after, paramedics arrived to the scene. They placed Y/n onto a gurney before taking her in the ambulance. I grabbed her things that were left on the ground and put them in my drivers car. We followed the ambulance to the hospital where the paramedics took her into the ER. I stood a respectable distance away from the scene to allow the doctors to do their job. Max hands me the purse I put in the car, I look through it to find Y/n's phone.

I unlocked her phone then went to her contacts. I remembered back to Christmas when Y/n had said she and Ellis were going to go LA after the finals. I assume this is why she's here, so I look through her contacts to find Ellis and ring his number.

"Hey there you are! Are you on your way back?" Ellis answers the phone.
"Uh Ellis? This is Scarlett." I reply. He stayed quiet for a few moments.
"What.. Scarlett? How did you- Why are you- What..?" Ellis tries to ask. I take a deep breath before answering him.

"I'm here for business and I found Y/n on the side of a road unconscious and in a bad state. We're in the ER now. You should come down." I hold back tears as I look over at the doctors doing tests on her.
"Oh god what hospital is it?" He questions, I hear him running.
"Cedars Sinai. Do you have a ride? I can have my driver pick you up?" I offer. It's the least I could do.
"No it's okay, i'll be there as soon as possible." Ellis says before ending the call.

I sigh before a doctor walks towards me.
"Good evening, are you the one who arrived with Y/n Y/l/n?" She asks. I nod offering a hand shake. She smiles and accepts.
"Are you family?" She questions. I frown slightly. I know she won't tell me the full story unless i'm family.
"Uh, yeah i'm her wife." I lie. The doctor smiles and begins explaining the situation.

I wipe away a tear, thanking the doctor for her time.
"Can I go see her?" I question.
"Yes you can for now, in around 10 minutes or so i'll have one of my residents take her up for an MRI and a CT scan." She explains. I nod and leave to sit bedside with Y/n.

"Oh honey.." I whisper as I see Y/n on the hospital bed, still unconscious. I hold her hand, squeezing it slightly before bringing it up to my lips to kiss.
"I'm so sorry this happened to you." I mumble, wiping a tear away.

A few moments go by and I feel her hand squeeze mine in return. I look up to her face concerned.
"Y/n? Are you awake?" I question. Y/n groans slightly in pain making me gasp.
"Oh thank you Lord!" I cry out as I stroke her head.
"What happened? Scarlett?" Y/n mutters.

"I'm here love. I'm not going anywhere." I reply, once again wiping tears from my eyes.