Coming out pt.1

A Sunday spent alone. However today was the day she wasn't expecting to happen.

"Jimin honey?" Her mom calls over.

"Yes, mom?"

"Promise me something." Jimin sits down on the couch, facing her mother.

"What is it?"

"Promise me you won't be like your sister."

The look in her mother's eyes were dead serious, almost way too serious to the point that it scared Jimin herself.

There was a problem, a huge one. She couldn't live up to her mom's promise. She's tired of hearing her mom complain and nag about her older sister Irene.

A year ago Irene met a sweet girl by the name of Seulgi at a book club and ever since then, they've been secretly dating. Jimin knew about their relationship the entire time, but their mom had no clue. Until a few months later, she caught Irene and Seulgi and From there, things went downhill.

Jimin remembered the day both of the ladies fought like crazy. It was like war and she remembered it vividly clear. It was the most atrocious moment ever and after that day, Irene moved out and Jimin didn't dare get into the same situation her sister got into.

She remembered a time when Irene told her something before leaving home for good. "Jimin if you ever get into a situation like mine, don't be afraid to tell me. I can help you."

But who knew she'd get into the same situation as her sister.

"Got it?" Her mom reassured, with a brow raised. The only thing Jimin could do was to slowly nod her head. She felt guilty for liking a girl and it would hurt her mom if she found out.

"But mom, don't you still love your daughter even though she's in love with a girl?"

She scoffs, with disgust. The look itself gave Jimin  frightening chills.
______________

Monday casually rolls by, which means there's school and she spends her dreadful Mondays with her sweet girlfriend Minjeong.

"Baby?"

"Jimin?" Minjeong called out but Jimin was zoning out, thinking of something.

"Hellooo~" the younger girl waved her hands in front of the older girl.

Finally she snapped out. "Huh?" But Minjeong was concerned.

"Are you okay? You've been off the whole day."

"Does your stomach hurt? Does your head hurt?" Minjeong was worried but the reason Jimin was so off the entire day was all because of the voices of her mom in her head. The more she thought about it, the more terrified she was.

She saw the fight both Irene and her mom had and she definitely didn't want to be in that situation but she had to d something about it. She couldn't keep her girlfriend a secret forever.

"It's nothing.." She brushed it off, hoping the younger girl would change the topic but Minjeong knew there was definitely something wrong with Jimin and she absolutely couldn't ignore it.

"Tell me what's wrong." She grabbed onto Jimin's hand, placing a small kiss on the top of it. There was a moment of silence before she could speak out the truth.

"Minjeong, what was it like when you told your parents that you liked girls?" The question itself had Minjeong taken aback, surprised.

"Well.. at first they weren't impressed, nor were they really disappointed." Jimin felt her self esteem slipping and her hopes in coming out disappear.

If there's one thing she's definitely not doing, it's breaking up with her girlfriend all because of her mom's promise. Love is love and nothing stupid could break her heart for Minjeong. There's got to be a way she has to come out.

"Well, what did they tell you?" Jimin asked.

"They told me that they'll be there for whoever or whatever I like or do in the future and support me the best that they could." Jimin nodded, thinking of how her mom would've felt.

Minjeong's parents knew about her and Jimin already and Jimin has made up her mind.

"Minjeong, I'm going to come out to my mom."

Minjeong, who knew Jimin's mom was a super strict and conservative woman, felt uneasy about her girlfriend's idea but it doesn't hurt to support her in her decision.

"Today?"

"Today." Jimin smiled.

🍯 Heyy so I'm running out of ideas, it'll be nice if u guys would suggest a plot for me :D 🍯

🍯 part 2 is next 🍯