•-Chapter 12-•

•-Rick POV-•

•————————————-•

Most of us are at the camp until we hear a shout. And the sound of a walker. After giving out a few instructions we head to the source of the sound.

When we get there my eyes land on a walker. Daryl is the first to the scene. He tackles the walker and stabs it in the head. "Help! Over here!" Daryl says waving us down.

"Listen to me, all right? Just listen to me. Okay hold on now, get Hershel!" I yell. "Listen to me, okay, listen to my voice, all right? Hershel! We need Hershel!" I yell out once more.

"What happened?" Hershel says running over. "What can we do?" I ask. Maybe there's still a chance for Dale, maybe Hershel can save him. "Dale, it's gonna be okay" Glenn says. "Can we move him?" I ask. "He won't make the trip" Hershel says. "You have to do the operation here, Glenn get back to the house" I instruct. Hershel calls out to me with a hand on my shoulder and shakes his head. "No!" I yell in frustration. With everyone watching Dale i pull out my gun. Dale tries to hold in the pain and surprise the noise but fails. "He's suffering, do something" Andrea says. I point my gun to his head but I can't pull the trigger. Daryl takes the gun and kneels down.

"Y-Y/n, co-cousins" Dale gets out. Everyone around him looks with confusion. "Y/n and his cousins?" Daryl asks. Dale does a small nod. "You know where they are?" Daryl asks. He shakes his head. "Y/n t-told me, that, he was, gonna go, do, something" Dale stutters out. "Listen, do you know what they went to go do? Did it have something to do with those two walkers Y/n went all ballistic on?" Daryl asks. Dale nods. "Tell Y/n, th-that he doesn't-" Dale stutters out before coughing on blood. "Tell him what? Come on you got this, what do you have for him?" Glenn asks this time. "We're running out of time" Shane says. Dale doesn't show any more effort in movement for a little while so Glenn stands back up before backing away. "Sorry brother" Daryl says before putting a bullet in his head.

Timeskip

Today we're going around the property and making sure that everything's in check. We're making sure that nothing like that happens again. I wish he had more time, to give us the message he tried so hard to give. He knew Y/n and his cousins went out, why didn't he say anything? They had some connection with those two walkers after all, I don't know what kind of connection but I'll have to ask them when they get back.

Ever since last night, we've all been watching out for each other. Hershel's letting us stay in the house. "I should've moved you guys in a while ago" Hershel says. There's nothing we can do about it now.

"All right, Let's Move the vehicles near each of the doors facing out toward the road, we'll build a lookout in the windmill another in the barn loft that should give us sight lines both sides of the property" I plan out. "T-Dog, you take the perimeter around the house keep track of everyone coming and going" I tell T-Dog. "What about standing guard?" He asks. "I need you and Daryl on double duty" I say. "Gotcha" T-Dog says before going off.

"I'll stock the basement with food and water, enough that we can all survive there a few days if need be" Hershel says as he walks by. "What about patrols?" Andrea asks. "Let's get this area locked down first, after that Shane'll assign shifts while me and Daryl take Randall offsite and cut him loose" I tell her.

"We're back to that now?" Shane asks. "It was the right plan first time around, poor execution" I say. "That's a light understatement" he says. "You don't agree but this is what's happening, swallow it, move on" I say. You know that Dale's death and the prisoner that's two separate things right?" He asks. I turn to him. What is he trying to say now? "You wanna take Daryl as your wingman, be my guest" he says. "Thank you" I say not minding the attitude. "You got it" he says lowly.