•-Chapter 55-•

•-Y/n POV-•

•——————————————————————————•

     Me and Daryl had decided to leave The Kingdom after the first two days. Things weren't going as we had planned and we weren't gonna waste any more time.

     Negan isn't gonna wait for us to prepare, so why should we?

     I know Rick told us to try to persuade King Ezekiel to side with us. But he will not listen to us.

     "You can go back to the Hilltop, I've got shit to be settling right now" I tell Daryl as I turn around to go back to The Kingdom.

     "Where the hell you think you're going?" Daryl asks.

     "I wont do anything stupid. If I can buy you guys some time, maybe you can find a way to turn the tides on these motherfuckers" I say, eyes full of determination. Daryl only scoffs and shakes his head.

     "We need you to pull of this whole thing. Stay on the low for now, we can't have anything happen to you" Daryl says.
     I nod, realizing that Daryl is right. I can't do anything. A few extra hours won't do nothing, not with the way Negan runs the Saviors.

     "We gotta head to The Hilltop. We need to get ready" Daryl says.

     "We have to do so on a low profile. We can't show ourselves if we don't have a solid chance. That would only put a target on everyone's back" I add on. Daryl only nods as he continues to walk.

•——————————————————————————•
•-C/n POV-•

•———————————————•

The next few days after we had a run-in with this other group had been a hustle.

At first, I thought they were gonna kill us. But then Rick made his stand and proved himself a worthy ally to these people.

They agreed to work with us to defeat Negan if we provide them with guns and ammo.
So that's what we've been doing this whole time.

Rick and Michonne had teamed up to go out and look for guns. Me and Carl also teamed up to scavenge for guns. Since we are still young however, Rick and Michonne didn't let us go any further than Y/n's old run route.
He said that the route was at least more cleared than the other routes and that Y/n had cleared most of those areas out.

We found a few guns, but we didn't find anything else. The area is already searched, we can't find anything in an area that's already been cleared.
Y/n would beg to differ though.

He always goes around searching the same spots and pulling up something new.
"There is nothing worth finding that isn't hidden" , that's what he always told me when I would ask him how he found it.
Tara also told me that, one time.

"I'm over looking for guns" I complain to Carl.

"Well we can't give up, C/n. My dad... all of Alexandria depends on it" he says in response.

"Aren't you sick of it? I know that we need to take down Negan as soon as possible, but can't we just take a little break?" I retaliate.
Carl looks at me as if I'd gone completely mad.