•-Chapter 13-•

•-Rick POV-•

•———————————•

     Shane is crazy, I found out that much. He tried to kill me, literally. I sit down by his dead body and look off around me. I didn't notice Carl until he spoke up.

     "Dad?" Carl asks. I look over and see him standing there. "Carl" I say walking to him. "You know, you should be back home with mom" I say. He raises the gun, making me halt in any movement. I was too caught up in emotion I didn't even realize Shane walking up behind me, as a walker. "Just, just put the gun down, it's not what it seems, please" I try to reason, not knowing he was pointing it to Shane who was close to me at that point. Carl shoots the gun and the walker goes down. He puts the gun down and runs to me, engulfing me into a hug.

     I stop Carl as we walk over to Shane's body. I need to make sure Carl actually shot his head. He did, straight in the middle of his head. I get back up and walk with Carl back towards the house. Unbeknownst of the danger behind us.

     We keep walking making conversation along the way. Carl is asking about how Shane died. I turn to him about to tell him what I found out at the CDC until I hear the noise behind us. I turn to see a bunch of walkers piling in. I push cake ahead telling him to go, we have to get back to the house and warn everyone.

     "We gotta get to the house, tell the others" Carl says as we stop by a tree. I look at the path to the house and I don't see a way through it. "We'll never get through that, can't go around, Carl, stay close" I say as I push Carl out and let him take the lead.

     We make it into the barn and I shut the door behind me as I run in. I use a shovel to keep the door shut as the walkers pound on the door. This isn't good, the barn isn't gonna hold  for long.

     I look around the barn to see what I can do to get us out of this. I find a tank of gasoline and dump it all over the floor. I'm gonna light the place on fire. "You go up here, hurry" I say motions Carl towards the ladder. "What about you?" Carl asks. "I'll be right there, drop the lighter when I say, we'll stop some of them from reaching the house and distract the others so at least we'll have a chance, look at me, you can do this. Carl, I love you, all right, go go go" I explain, Carl nods and climbs up the ladder.

     I bang on the barn door and yell. I then open the doors and all the walkers come flooding in. I make my way back slowly and climb up the ladder, taking my time so they keep focused on me. "Carl, now!" I yell out. Carl drops the lighter and the place bursts up into flames.

     I run to Carl and look over the edge to see all the walkers burning. We need to get out of here.

•———————————————————————•
•-Y/n POV-•

•——————————-•

It's been a long past couple of days. We didn't expect things to go the way they did, then again it was stupid of me not to consider it. At the time I thought things would've went smoothly, we ended up hitting a roadblock. In roadblock I mean a big herd of walkers. We handled ourselves good, nobody died. We got lucky. Nobody could've survived that herd the way we did. With our swords we took out more than half of the herd before we got tired and fled the scene. Seriously, we should be considered a godly trio. After we fled, we took a day of rest before making our way back to the farm.

"Watch out, there are walkers up ahead" C/n (older) whispers as we see a few walkers. This isn't right, there weren't any walkers when I swept the property. Maybe some broke in through somewhere. I go ahead and kill all five of the walkers. Now that you really think about it, killing a walker is like playing a video game. But in real life, so you can't get loose because once you're bit, you're dead.