•-Chapter 56-•

•-Y/n POV-•

•——————————————————————————•

     Benjamin didn't make it...

     He was shot, and he bled out.

     Morgan told me of his last words. Both the words left for himself, and the ones left for me.
"Teach Henry" is all Benjamin was able to mumble out before he let in.

     Ezekiel had locked himself in the auditorium. He needed space, I get that, but Henry doesn't know about Benjamin's death.
     He had been told that Benjamin went out with me.

     When they arrived they had me walk out the gates until Henry left the scene.

     I knock on Henry and Benjamin's shared room before he opens the door and lets me in.

     "Where's Benjamin? Didn't he go out there with you?" Henry asks, no sound of worry in his tone at all.
     How do I tell him his brother's dead?

     "Is that what everyone's told you?" I ask, taking a seat at the edge of his bed.
     He nods, raising his eyebrows in question.

"Well, I-" , "come on Y/n, what is it?"

I sigh of frustration. I cant say it, it's not my place.
"Never mind. Goodnight Henry" I say, giving him a hug to which he hesitantly returns.

"Are you sure?" He asks as I walk out his door. I turn around and nod, sending him a small smile, not saying any words.

When I get to my designated room, I lay down and let my tear fall from my eyes.
Today was supposed to be a good day, but no. It's all Negan's fault...

The next day is started off at a bit of a rough start. Ezekiel and some of his warriors went back to deliver the rest of their tribute.
The thing is... Richard didn't come back, neither did Morgan...

Apparently Richard messed with the tribute and made them late, which got Benjamin killed.
     Morgan killed Richard out of anger. Cant blame him, I would've done the same.

     Ezekiel requested to see me, he said it was at the utmost importance. So why keep him waiting?

     Ezekiel welcomes me into the auditorium and asked that I take a seat. So that's what I did.

     "Your majesty?" I question, seeing as he didn't speak up. He looked quite disturbed.

     "We're way past the formalities, and you don't seem to buy the illusion. So please, call me Ezekiel" he says kindly. I nod, motioning for him to go on.

     "Considering recent events. I would like to hear from you what you think the best way forward would be. Tell me Y/n. What would you do in this situation?" He asks, leaning forward in interest.

     This caught me off guard, I wasn't expecting this. I thought he was gonna ask me to train his men, like he has been asking since I kicked his ass.

     "Well, Ezekiel. I would partner up with The Hilltop and Alexandria. Negan and his Saviors have had their moments of glory. I say it's time they lose just as much as they've taken" I say. He nods at me, signaling that he understands what I'm saying.