•-Chapter 46-•

•-Y/n POV-•

•———————————————————————•

As we approach the gates, I take notice to the men eyeing us down.

"Stop right there" one speaks up. Everyone immediately takes out their guns, pointing it at them cautiously.

"You gonna make us?" Daryl spits.

"Jesus. What the hell is this?!" Glenn says after Daryl.

As I look around at the group, I notice that I'm the only one not pointing any sort of weapon at these people. Where's the love?

"Open the gates, Cal. Freddie's hurt" Jesus says, raising one arm to the men on the gate, and another back at us.

"Look, sorry about these guys. They get antsy standing up there all day doing nothing" Jesus apologizes while giving the two men a pointed look.

"They give up the weapons. Then we'll open the gates" the man I now know as Cal says.

"Why don't you come down here and take 'em yourself?" Daryl says threateningly. The doctor than decides that it's best to interfere before things can escalate to something much worst.

"Gentleman, look, we vouch for these people, all right? They saved us out there" the doctor says. "Lower the spears" Jesus finishes.

"Look, I'm not taking any chances. Tell your guy Gregory to come out here" Rick says. Jesus is fast to turn around and shake his head.

"No. Don't you see what just happened?" Jesus asks. No Jesus, we don't know what just happened, although I do have my own theories.

     "I'm letting you keep your guns" he says. Suspicions confirmed, they have no ammo. Why else would they threaten us with spears when they could use a gun instead?

     "Look. We ran out of ammo months ago. I like you people. I trust you. Trust us" he concludes.

     Rick signals for the others to lower their weapons, to which all weapons are lowered.

     Jesus then tells Cal.

     This place looks nice on the inside.

     "There was a Material yard for a power company nearby. That's how we put up the walls" Jesus explains.

     "A lot of people came from a FEMA camp. Trailers came with them" he continues.

     "How did people even find this place?" I ask.

     "That's called Barrington house. The family that owned it gave it to the state in the '30s. The state turned it into a living history museum. Every elementary school for 50 miles used to come here for field trips. This place was running a long time before the modern world built up around it. I think people came here because it'd keep running after the modern world broke down" he says, going through the whole history of the house. I really didn't ask for all of that other stuff, but it was fun to hear about.

     "Those windows up there let us see for miles in every direction. It's perfect for security" he then says, pointing up to the top windows of the said building.
     Alexandria could use something like that, I kinda like the way the building is built.