•-Chapter 3-•

•-Y/n POV-•

•———————————————————————•

"Hello, I saw what you did to the kids back there" the woman speaks up while taking care of the bitten man. I look over to her in confusion. "Why is everyone making a big deal out of it? I saw how everyone looked at me back there, I was just trying to tell them something" I say looking out the window. She chuckles before looking at me. I look back at her as she continues to watch over the bitten man. "I didn't think you would do that, you don't really look that nice on the outside" she says. Do I look mean? I don't really take that as offensive though, that's what you gotta do in this world to survive. "It's on and off, i can't just be nice about everything, that'll get me killed" I state. I'm not ready to die yet, it's only been a few days, and I'll fight till the very end. "Are you really related to C/n and C/n?" She asks. I look at her confused. "Yeah? Why would you think I'm not?" I ask genuinely confused. She chuckles before looking up at me. "Your cousins are a bit more, nicer than you are" she says with a soft chuckle. "They were always like that I guess I can say, always playing around and laughing, at one point I was like that too" I say. "But?" She urges. I look to her. "But what?" I ask. "What happened? Why change?" She asks. I sigh before facepalming. "The world went to shit, and I had to survive on my own" I say. She stops giggling before putting her head down. "Sorry" is all she says before turning back to the man. No don't feel bad girl, it isn't your fault, it's just curiosity, we all have that.

    "What's your name?" I speak up. She looks up at me before smiling. "Jacqui" she says with a smile. I crack a smile at her before bowing my head. "Well Jacqui, It's nice to meet you, I'm Y/n" I introduce myself. We go on to have a small conversation about things both before and after this whole zombie apocalypse. I don't tell her about my family though, nobody needs to know how it's all my fault.

     Later on they pull over the R.V. As I walk out the R.V I see Dale talking to the man I now know as Rick, Jacqui told me everyone's names and laughed as I told her my nicknames for them. "I told you we'd never get far on that hose, I said I needed the one from the cube van" Dale says. "Can you jury-rig it?" Rick asks. "That's all it's been so far, it's more duct tape than hose and I'm out of duct tape" Dale says.

     "I see something up ahead, a gas station if we're lucky" Shane says looking back at Dale and Rick.

     "Ya'll, Jim it's bad, I don't think he can take anymore" Jacqui says before walking back into the R.V to give the said man some company.

    "Hey Rick you want to hold down the fort? I'll drive ahead see what I can bring back" Shane says. "Yeah I'll come too, and I'll back you up" T-Dog says. "Y'all keep your eyes open now, we'll be right back" Shane says as he goes off with T-Dog.

    I make my way over to C/n and C/n. They meet me halfway before C/n (younger) hugs me. "What happened?" I ask him looking down at him. He shakes his head into my stomach. "It's Just good to have you back" he says, making me smile as I pay his head.

     "You know, you guys could use a katana and a bow" I say in excitement. Making both cousins look at me in confusion. "What do you mean? You only have two of each, are you gonna give those to us? Leave yourself without it?" C/n (older) asks. "No of course not, I'll go get the other katanas and bows, you guys can walk around looking just like me" I say proudly. "Wait, you know where they are?!" C/n (younger) asks excitedly. "Of course, I'm the one who hid them so of course I would know" I say simply. "I'll get it later though, when we find a place or Atleast a temporary place" I say.