•-Chapter 54-•

•-Y/n POV-•

•——————————————————————————•

     The night certainly isn't treating me right. I haven't been able to shut my eyes in this new environment. I don't feel safe here, I don't feel like I can close my eyes without being brutally murdered in my sleep.

King Ezekiel had allowed me to stay at his place. I would take one of his vacant rooms. This room just so happens to be more towards the back. So like, anything could happen.

I get out of bed and look out the window. I hope to see something that would help me find comfort, but I see no such thing.

"You're still up" a voice says from the door. I turn my head to match a face to the voice at the door.
It's Benjamin.

"Yup, I can't sleep. This place is too strange for me. Not to mention the fucking tiger that inhabits this place" I say. How the fuck did Ezekiel manage to bring in a fucking tiger without it killing everyone? What does it eat?

"Why are you here? Have you come to slit my throat in my sleep?" I ask, not wanting to keep Benjamin's company.

"No, King Ezekiel wanted me to check up on you" he says shyly. I don't know if that is to be considered a good thing. What kind of check up does he mean? Okay, what if these people are gonna kill me?
I just wanna go home already...

"Maybe a walk would make you tired" Benjamin suggests. Hm, maybe. Just maybe.

"Where will we be going on this walk?" I ask.

"Anywhere. We could tell each other stories. Then maybe, you'll finally be able to go to sleep" he says. Okay, this is actually really sweet.

"Okay then, let's go for a walk. Shall we?" I say, walking forward towards the boy.

He leads me around the house as he tells me about this place and all the wonderful people in here.
He also tells me about his little brother, Henry.

He strives to become better, he wants to be like Ezekiel, but he is scared of failing.

I of course reassure him, putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. He is a young adult. He must have been young when this whole shit show started.
I reckon he must be Carl and C/n's age. That would make sense. Maybe Carl and C/n a little older than him but I would assume they're around the same age.

In exchange I told him about how the original group was. I didn't want to risk telling him anything about Alexandria or the Hilltop, just incase we had a misunderstanding.
So I told him about the group from the very beginning.

     Shane Walsh, the ultimate piece of shit. Never did like him, totally deserved to die. He had no redemption, no moment to shine, no sob story to back him up. Long story short, he loves his best friend's wife. Now, he's where he deserves to be, especially if he tried to kill Rick over Lori and Carl.

Merle Dixon, that piece of shit. That piece of shit who died heroically. I didn't know him a lot, nor did I like him, but his last choice, made me respect him a lot more than I did before.

Andrea Harrison, another piece of shit who died trying to rescue us from the man whom she thought she loved. A man she at first trusted, a man whom she loved, but then turned out to be a psychopathic murder. She then tried to make her wrongs right, but ended up dying to a Walker bite. I hated her guts as well, but in the end, I came to respect her as well.