•-Chapter 35-•

•-Y/n POV-•

•———————————————————————•

     Things didn't go as planned when I got back to the house. Nobody was in there. Instead, they were all next door.
     Guess we're taking precautions. I sigh.

     I walk into the house and look around to see everyone scattered across the floor. Ricks and Michonne being the only two, except for me, standing up.

     "Y/n. How did your interview go?" C/n and C/n ask, walking over to me. I nod. "It went well, a lot better than I expected" I say. They nod, happy to hear the news.

     "What did she ask you guys about?" I ask. They shrug, not really knowing how to answer that. "Nothing important really, just background questions" C/n (older) says. C/n (younger) nods, agreeing. "What about you?" C/n (younger) asks.

     "Same as you guys, but she asked me about life outside these walls" I say. They raise their eyebrows and tilt their head. I mentally giggle, now knowing how I look like to Glenn.

     "What life? There is literally nothing out there" C/n (younger) asks. "She asked about if I preferred being out there, guess it had something to do with selecting my job" I shrug. They nod.

     "And?" They ask. "And what?" I ask. "What did you say? Surely you don't want to go back out there, right?" C/n (older) asks. I shake my head.

     "I told her that it doesn't matter. I like being out there too, not just living this peaceful life" I say. They look at me as if I've gone mad. "You what?!" They exclaim, gathering the eyes of everyone around us. I am quick to slap my hand over their mouths. "Hey! Shut up, I don't need everyone knowing my business!" I whisper. They nod, so I remove my hands slowly and sigh when they don't scream again. Everyone keeps their eyes on us though. Thanks a lot guys...

     "Are you crazy?! These walls are the best thing that's happened to us since the prison! Take advantage of this situation, there's nothing out there for us!" C/n (older) whispers. I shake my head, telling him that he's wrong.

     "How long do you think these walls will stay up? Everywhere we go, something always goes wrong. I'm not gonna forget the life outside when it does. Now you guys can go soft, but don't expect me to do the same" I say with a neutral face. They sigh, upset that they couldn't change my mind.

     "Y/n, one day, you're going to get hurt out there and there will be no one to back you up. Stop taking up the hardest tasks of a group on your own" C/n (older) says, in all seriousness.

"There will be a day that I may need help, and I sure as hell may be by myself, but let me tell you this. I've lived through multiple scenarios where I should've died, but no, I'm still here. So let me tell you this. It'll take a lot more than a world full of walkers to kill me" I say. They sigh, shaking their heads.

"Fine, but you better not die" they both say, walking away from me. Everyone looks at us as they can just sense that things didn't go well between us. Well, not at first anyways.

     Just as I'm about to wave them off, I hear a knock at the door. Rick opens the door to reveal Deanna. She walks in saying Ricks name, seemingly wanting to tell him something.

     "Wow" she says, looking at Rick's face. "I didn't know what was under there" she says after inspecting his face. Both me and you too boo.