•-Chapter 29-•

•-Y/n POV-•

•———————————————————————•

     It's been a while since Gabe let us into his church, I don't know how to feel about it. Something doesn't feel right about it, this place is just giving me bad vibes. Like I know somethings gonna happen already, I'm prepared, but it's nerve wrecking.

     Earlier today we went on a run someplace nearby, Gave panicked and almost got Bob and Sasha killed. Upsetting, but they survived nonetheless. Daryl and Carol went out earlier, I don't know why or where, but they can handle themselves.

I'm thinking about going out. I want to go on a little field trip, I don't know where, but I'll stay in the area. I'll probably go out on another run, just to see what things we could've missed.

"What are you thinking about?" Glenn asks, snapping me out of my little daze. "I'm thinking about going out on a little run, I'll stay in the area, I just want to go over the places we missed, see if we missed anything" I say. "Y/n" Glenn sighs. "Glenn, don't worry about me I can protect myself" I defend. He shakes his head. "Y/n I just got you back, I'm not letting you go out, especially at night. Carol and Daryl went out and hasn't come back yet, Sasha took some people to go out and look for Bob, we can't have you go too" he says. Wait, Bob? He went missing?

The door slams open and in walks an angry Sasha. This isn't good. She storms towards poor little Gabe and starts talking to him about something.

Me and Glenn get closer to listen in on what their talking about. Sasha brings out her knife and approaches Gabe. Everyone rushes to stop her.

     "Who's out there?" She asks. "I don't have anything to do with this" he stutters, backing up for every step Sasha takes towards him. "Where are our people?" She asks, voice cracking. Gabe goes to defend himself but Sasha speaks up before he gets the chance. "Where are our people?!" She shouts. "Please, I don't have anything to do with this" he says. What does she mean 'Where are our people', who's missing. Surely Carol and Daryl didn't go missing, they're really strong. Bob on the other hand, he's kinda odd.

     Rick pulls Sasha away and confronts Gabe. "Why'd you bring us here?" He asks. Gabe stutters. "You working with someone?" He asks, cutting off poor Gabe. He raises his hand as Rick approaches him. "I'm alone, I'm alone, I was always alone" he says. "What about the woman in the food bank Gabriel, what did you do to her? "You'll burn for this"? That was for you, why?what are you gonna burn for Gabriel, what, what did you do? What did you do?!" Rick questions, getting a little aggressive with him. "Come on Gabe, you're wasting our time" I frown.

"I lock the doors at night, I always lock the doors at night, I always lock the doors at night" he caves. All this mess, over closed doors? We could've been looking for them right now.

"They started coming, my congregation. Atlanta was bombed and they were scared, they were- they were looking for a safe place, a place where they felt safe. And it was so early, it was so early and the doors were still locked" he admits. Is he crying? Did he really do something that bad?

"You see... it was my choice. There were so many of them and they were trying to pry the shutters and banging on the sidings, screaming at me, and so the dead came for them. Women... children... entire families calling my name as they were torn apart, begging me for mercy, damning me to hell, I buried their bodies, I buried it all" Gabe rants. He then starts to cry even more, not able to keep his composure. Well shit. Gabe has killed people. Of course he didn't do it himself, but he might as well have done it.