Adopting - Robin x (Neko!) Reader

Notice: For the best possible experience, play the song in the background awhile you are reading this. It'll probably make your heart flutter more than without it. It's not required, but it's recommended.

Song name: Ha ha! Yes, it will take some getting use to! - Fire Emblem Awakening

For my best buddy: IzzyandIcee
Don't worry, that sweet lemonade will come soon.

Today was finally the day, the day where Robin could finally have a pet.

He was constantly begging Master Hand to allow animals in the mansion, he refused it a couple of times, but when the begging got annoying. He finally made up his mind to allow pets in the mansion, as long as they don't act naughty or anything.

Right away, Robin drove to a nearby animal shelter and ran towards the building. He gently opened the doors and quickly walked towards the front counter and asked,"Hello... Do you have any animals for sale or anything?"

The female worker looked at Robin ad nodded her head,"Why... Of course we do. What kind of animal are you looking for?"

"Well...." He was thinking,"I want one that's fluffy, that always has a positive attitude, that has claws, has pretty eyes, just cute and lovable overall."

"Alright... I think I have the perfect animal for you." She opened a cabinet underneath the desk and pulled out a bundle of shiny keys,"If you would follow me..."

Robin nodded his head and kindly followed the worker to the first hallway that was located to the right, right when he walked inside, he heard a bunch of dogs barking.

"Well.... Here's our huge selection of dogs. They are always cute and friendly, you can either get a small or a big dog. Depending on what kind your looking for." The worker explained and watched Robin inspecting every single one of the dogs through the cages.

"All these dogs look pretty cool..." He stopped and gazed at this one certain dog that had pitch-black fur and dark brown eyes,"....I like this dog..."

The worker scrolled through her set of keys and asked,"Is this the dog you want?"

"...Well... I honestly think that this dog is a bit too big..." He confessed,"Is there any other smaller animal that's not to bad to take care of?"

The worker stopped looking through her keys and answered,'There's cats..."

"Cats?" Robin said,"I-I've never heard of a... Cat..."

The worker nearly dropped her keys,"You never heard of a cat? Neither have you seen one?"

"Nope." Robin shook his head,"Can we go see these cats you're talking about?"

"Sure thing, just follow me again." The worker told him and they both walked out of the doggy hall, they went through the lobby to the front table and she got another set of keys.

Once she had them, they both made their way to the cat hall. Once they got closer and closer to this new hallway, Robin already heard all cats meowing and crying.

And when he stepped in, he saw many various types of cats locked up in cages and sticking their paws through the bars. Robin touched most of the cats paws and felt that they were nice and fuzzy.

"So in this hallway, we have many types of cats." She began,"Cats are usually always nice and friendly. They are fuzzy and love to play around, they are also super lovable and enjoy having company. There are not a huge problem to deal with and they are pretty small. Smaller than your average dog."