Part Seven: Hospital

"What happened Drew?!" You shout as you go to help Mikey as Steph calls an ambulance.

"I've been working with some sketchy people okay? They give me the drugs I sell them to the footballers. It gives them a buzz and they win! And I'm late on paying the guy so he came.." drew says all panicked. "Why the fuck would you do that shit you put a target on yourself now!" You yell at Drew. "I know! I'm sorry! We needed money. Fast. I wasn't thinking!" Drew yells back. "GUYS CALM DOWN!" Steph screams because she's worried and she can't hear the person on the phone.

"This is all Chloe's fault!" Drew whispers under his breath while holding his head annoyed. "How is it her fault?!" You shout back at him. "I told her not to let Mikey out the room! She gave the money I saved up to the dealer." Drew says with fury in his eyes. "Can we all stop shouting?" Mikey yells out in pain from his arm. "I'm sorry little bro.." drew says quietly. "Sorry Mike." You say and breath heavily. "Their on there way. Drew get fucking together. You got to think before you do now. I've got to find someone to do my light cues now." Steph says and messages in the tempest group chat.

"Are you okay Mikey?" You ask and hold his shoulder. "No this hurts. I think he broke my bone." Mikey says and tries moving. "Hey hey keep still moving it could make it worse!" You say and hold his good arm to keep him balanced. When the ambulance arrived you and Steph had to let Mikey and Drew on the ambulance because they only allowed family.

"What the fuck are we gonna do?" Steph asks panicking. "Hey hey, Steph breathe okay? We need to be strong for Mikey. He'll be okay." You says and keep eye contact with her. Steph nods and listens to you. "Look. Me and you are gonna get a ride to the hospital and be there for Mikey understand?" You say keeping eye contact, Steph nods. You both gather some money and get a taxi straight to the hospital.

~at the hospital~

"Hey can we see Michael North?" You ask the nurse lady in the ward. "Room 785. He should be resting though so can you both take a seat in the waiting area." The nurse says and gestures you both to the seats. You take Steph and go sit down. "I got to make some calls.." Steph says and walks off to have some privacy. You watch Steph leave and stare off in the distance for a bit before getting a message.

(You start texting Chloe)

Chloe Price <3

Chloe: "hey! Are you with Mikey?"

"Yeah. Chloe Drew said you were there. Why were you there? Did you get hurt?":You

Chloe: "no no I'm fine don't worry. I'm sorry I should have intervened. Tell Drew I'm sorry I gave his money to Damon."

"Wait Damon Merrick? That's the drug dealer Drew's been working for? This makes shit worse! Ffs Drew" :You

Chloe: "I'm sorry y/n look Damon knows my face now. I've got to go help Rachel for the tempest.."

"Fine whatever. At least record it.":You

Chloe:"can we talk after the play? Rach said your crashing at hers, can we talk there?"

"I need to be here for Mikey. When visiting hours are up I'll see if I can make it." :You

(You put your phone on silent and leave it)

Steph comes back. "Is everything okay?" You ask Steph seeing she had a tear falling down her face. "Yeah I'm fine." Steph says and forces a smile on her face. You pull her into a hug and stroke her back to show her she's safe. "If you need to cry, cry." You whisper and hold her tight. Steph starts to cry into your shoulder and you stay silent to let her get it all out.

"Ehem, girls. Your allowed to see him now." The nurse says after clearing her throat. Steph wipes her tears and runs to his room you follow after her.

~in room 785 (Mikey's room)~

"Is everything okay?!" Steph says and goes straight to hug him. "Yeah you know Elamon never looses in a battle." Mikey says trying to make Steph laugh which he does. "Nice cast. What spell is that?" You smirk making a joke. "Funny. You guys want to sign it?" Mikey offers. "Hell yeah!" Steph says and puts her signature on the bottom of his cast. "I'm good for now Mikey. Everything okay?" You ask and raise an eyebrow. "Yes y/n. Why do you have to be such a mom about everything?" Mikey says and laughs. "Well I care about my younger friends. especially beanie here. She was so scared." You say and Steph elbows you to shut up.

"I'm sorry Mikey." Drew says still feeling guilty. "Drew it's fine I'm okay see?" Mikey says and lifts up him cast. "Damon Merrick? what were you thinking Drew?!" You shout at him and roll up a magazine to tap his head with like a dog. "Wait how did you know it was Damon?" Drew asks and rubs his head. "I have my ways. When's your dad getting here. You've got to tell him." You say and put the magazine down. "They called him when we were in the ambulance. He'll be here soon."Drew muttered. "Better be." You threat and point at the magazine. "Do you really think you scare me. Your so short." Drew says and laughs at you so you roll the magazine up and hit him again.

"Would it be okay if I left..?" You ask quietly. "Yeah don't worry I'm fine okay?" Mikey says and smiles. "I'm sorry it's just I'm not going home tonight and I kinda wanna get to the place I'm supposed to be at on time." You explain feeling bad. "No hard feeling. Text me later though okay? I'll need cat meme." Mikey says and laughs. "You got it Elamon." You smile and salute the fallen wizard. "Bye losers." You say and leave the room. You go straight out the hospital and right to Blackwell.

~at Blackwell~

You can see all the chair set up for the play and sneak behind the curtain. "Hello..?" You whisper trying not to get caught. Nobody's there so you sneak over and look at the light cues. "Woah.. Steph did a real good job at this." You whisper under your breath. "Hey shorty." Chloe says and smirks. "Chloe. Great to see you." You say sarcastically without looking at her. "I'm sorry. Look y/n" Chloe says and goes to touch your shoulder. "No. Mikey's hurt and you just left him there." You say and push her hand away.

"It's not my fault. Y/n if I could have done something I would've. Damon hurt him it's not my fault.." Chloe answers and looks down in guilt. "He's in the fucking hospital Chloe. He's one of my best friends. What happened shouldn't have happened." You shout and make eye contact with Chloe. "Would you have preferred Drew possibly being dead?" Chloe asks and stares back at you. "What..?" You ask confused.

"If I didn't open the door Damon could have killed him. He beat him so close to the ground we could see him through the gap. I'm sorry I tried to make it so nobody got hurt." Chloe says and tears up a little bit. "I.. I didn't know.. I'm sorry Chloe." You apologise and hug Chloe tight. Chloe holds the back of your head and pulls you tighter into the hug. You look up at Chloe and she looks back. Chloe slowly leans in and-