Part Twelve: Mother's Day

"Alright let's go then." Chloe says and takes your hand while going out her room and downstairs.

Chloe keeps a hold of your hand and walks you down the stairs. "Who's there?" A guy with a really thick moustache shouts hearing yours and Chloe's foot steps. The guy and Joyce come out of the kitchen. "Chloe?" Joyce says and gives Chloe a hug making her let go of her hand. "Hey mom. Happy Mother's Day." Chloe says and taps Joyce's shoulders because she's not able to know how to hug someone.

"Hey Chloe. Are you ready to except me home?" The moustache man ask with his arms crossed. "Not really but I couldn't leave my mom without a happy Mother's Day." Chloe says and let's go of Joyce. "Cant you and David get along for once please Chloe?" Joyce asks and holds her arms. "I'll try." Chloe mutters. "Oh hello." Joyce says noticing you. "Joyce. Hey how are you?" You ask and smile at her. "Oh I'm great hunny, it's good to see you again." Joyce says and looks at you then Chloe. "Right so everyone this is y/n. We stopped by so I could shower and get some clothes. We'll be heading back to hers and that." Chloe says and pulls her beanie a bit to reveal her hair.

"Chloe your hair. Was this for the play?" Joyce asks noticing the blue stripe. "No mom. It's something for fun." Chloe says and smiles. "I've got videos." You offer to show Joyce. "Can I see them?" Joyce asks and looks at you. "Seriously y/n.. suck up to my mom?" Chloe whispers too you. "I like your mom deal with it." You whisper back to her and make your way to show Joyce. You show the clips and see Joyce's eyes light up happiness. Even David smiles at the videos. "These are amazing Chloe I'm so proud." Joyce says and looks up at Chloe.

"Thanks mom." Chloe says and scratches the back of her neck. "You were really amazing Chloe." You look up and smile at her so she smiles back at you. "So what's going on between you two?" David asks you being very observant. "Excuse me?" You ask not understanding. "You and Chloe." David says and points at Chloe. "I umm.." you stutter not knowing what to say. "David. Back off." Chloe gets defensive and in between you both.

"I'm only asking. Come on I can't be the only one who sees this." David says and points at you and Chloe. "What y/n seems like a nice girl. Leave them alone David." Joyce says and taps his shoulder. "Look you girls stay for breakfast then you can go off and do whatever you want. Just one Mother's Day breakfast?" Joyce asks and goes to hold Chloe's shoulders. "Fine mom." Chloe says and rolls her eyes.

Joyce goes and cooks while you and Chloe go chill on the sofa for a bit. Chloe sits down and you lie down resting your head on her lap. "Hey." You whisper and look up at Chloe. "Hi." Chloe responded and brushes the hair behind your ear. You stare into Chloe's beautiful blue eyes like their an ocean. "Can we kiss or your parents gonna grunt or something?" You whisper and look at Chloe. "I mean we could but if David tries to talk about it I'll slap his moustache off of his stupid face." Chloe says and laughs.

"Got it." You say smirking. Chloe leans down and kisses you gently. "Breakfast- oh sorry girls." David says and covers his eyes. Chloe wants to get up but you drag her back down. "No." You say and pull her down. "Come on let's get some bacon." You say and get up. You pull Chloe to the dinner table and sit her down. You help Joyce with the plates and setting the table.

David and Chloe sit at the table and avoid each other. "Chloe. Play nice." You say and put her plate down. "No promises." Chloe mutters. Joyce and David sit opposite of you. "Thank you Joyce. This looks delicious." You say and look down at the plate of dinner styled breakfast. "Why thank you y/n, another one who appreciates my efforts." Joyce says and eats. "I appreciate it mom just because you work at a dinner doesn't really let me enjoy it more." Chloe says and cuts a bit of her pancake. "I understand don't worry." Joyce says and eats well. David and already nearly finished his plate and was drinking his coffee to slow down.

Chloe gets bored so she places her on your thigh while you were eating. It causes you to freeze for a second and to look at Chloe while she grinned. "Seriously?" You whisper to Chloe which causes David and Joyce to look up confused. You clear your throat and put your fork down. "Thank you for the meal I loved it. It's about time me and Chloe start heading out. We've got to go get somethings done and I need to go to the hospital." You say really quickly because Chloe moves her hand slightly higher causing you to have some voice cracks out of you panicking.

"Oh why do you need to go to the hospital?" Joyce ask's concerned. "My friend got hurt yesterday and I wanted to visit him you know, check up." You say and try to move Chloe's hand. "Would you like me to cook you something up to go or anything dear?" Joyce offers. "No no! I'll be fine thank you though." You say with a smile. "Wait is that Williams jacket?" Joyce recognise the jacket because of the badges on the sleeves. "Oh yeah. Umm Chloe lent it me do you mind?" You ask and feel like your doing something bad. "No no! It looks good on you. I totally forgot we even had that." Joyce smiles down at her plate.

"Yeah I saved it from the attic. Sorry I didn't tell you mom.." Chloe says sarcastically. "Oh don't be rude." You and Joyce say both looking at Chloe. "Sorry moms." Chloe smirks at you and raises an eyebrow. "We should get going then. Come on." You say and tug on Chloe's flannel. "bye mom. David." Chloe says and gives David a look before leaving with you. You and Chloe walk all the way to the junkyard.

~the junkyard~

"Jesus Christ.. you okay cutie?" Chloe asks out of breath and sits in her truck for a break. You climb into the other side and rest your head on Chloe's shoulder. "I need a nap.." you yawn and close your eyes. "Hey no no! If I couldn't sleep in you can't sleep in my truck!" Chloe says and taps your face gently. "Whyyyyyy?" You groan and look up at her. "Because you were gonna drag me by my foot earlier." Chloe laughs and looks you in the eyes.

"Is it bad I can always see us kissing at any moment?" You ask and look Chloe in the eyes. "No I see you wanting me so badly you cry yourself to sleep because I'm already asleep." Chloe laughs at herself while you elbow her. "So you don't wanna kiss?" You ask and look at chloe again. "I do. Yeah." Chloe smirks and turns to face you. "Good." You say and pull chloe close into a passionate kiss. You both have to catch your breaths and smirk over and over again. You pull back slowly and bite your lip a bit to savour the moment.

"Umm.. we need a serious conversation.." you say and brush Chloe's hair behind her ear. "Right..." Chloe says and rolls her eyes. "Oh come on we need to talk about this about us. We obviously aren't just friends." You say and move back a bit to look at Chloe. "So what are we then?" Chloe asks and looks at you. "Hanging out?" You ask and look at Chloe. "Okay. We're not dating but we're not single then?" Chloe asks confirming. "Sure." You nod and smile at her. Your phone buzzes and it's a message from your mom.

(You grab your phone from your pocket to check)

Mom

Mom: "y/n. Hey hunny. I'm sorry please come home I'll try and stop him. Please come back it's Mother's Day."

"Ma, I love you I do but I'm not going back to that house knowing he's there. Get him out and we can think about me coming home." :You

(You put the phone on silent and back in your pocket)

"Hey. Are you okay?" Chloe asks and pulls you closer and puts her arm around you. "Yeah.. my mom wants me to go back home but I'm not going knowing he's there." You say and rest your head on Chloe, she gently strokes strains of your hair and hold you close. "I understand don't worry. Look how about we get you going to the hospital to see your buddy so I can mend this truck." Chloe says and kisses your forehead gently. "Okay. I'll go to the hospital, see Mikey and text you later after having some time with him." You smile and kiss Chloe's lips.