Part Twenty-One: The Talk

"Me and Mikey were gonna start a new campaign with Drew some time in the next few months would you guys wanna join us? It would give you time to learn the basics and build your characters." Steph looks at Mikey then you.

"That sounds cool actually, yeah I'll ask Chloe and Rachel and if they wanna we can make a group chat and discuss it." You say and nod along liking her idea. "So now that's settled. What's your guys plan for the day?" Miley asks the two of you. "I might go stay at Chloe's again or I might check up on my mom." You nod and smile.

"Your mom okay?" Mikey asks worried. "Umm.. I think it's time I should tell you guys.. my dad use to hit me and my mother so she left the house a couple days ago, she's hidden at the neighbours till she can rent this little bungalow or something like that." You ramble on and fiddle with your nails nervously.

"Oh.. I'm so sorry y/n.." Steph says and leans over and hugs you. Mikey pats your shoulder. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys." You look up at them. "No no please it's fine. So your safe now?" Mikey asks and looks down concerned. "Yes my moms out the house and I walked out the day before she left herself." You nod and nudge Steph out the hug because your fine.

"Okay.. please if your ever not safe call us or the police!" Steph yells and you and Mikey shush her because your hidden in the library. "Right sorry." Steph whispers. "I'm gonna message Chloe she if she's busy, I might ask her to take me on a date." You smile and look at your phone. "You go girl!" Mikey says and you and Steph giggle.

"Alright now you guys know mostly everything I'm gonna head off, bye!" You get up carefully and crawl out the side. "Bye y/n." Steph and Mikey say as you leave. You walk the quite empty halls to the parking lot and sit on the wall to text Chloe.

(You start texting)

Chloe <3

"Babe I've told Steph and Mikey could you come pick me up? please Xx" :You

Chloe: "you gonna beg for it?"

"do I have to?" :You

Chloe: "I'd like if you did."

"Oh come on just pick me up." :You

Chloe: "beg."

"Fuck it I'll walk.":You

Chloe: "I'll be there in a minute."

"Thank you. X":You

(You slide your phone back into your pocket.)

You wait a little while and kick your converse waiting for Chloe to pick you up. You get to chat to some of your nerd mates from science and talk about the up and coming project you knew nothing about. Finally, Chloe drives up and honks at you scaring off your friend. "Seriously Chloe!" You shout and turn to face her truck.

"Problem princess?" Chloe raises an eyebrow with a cheeky grin on her face. You roll your eyes and hop into her truck on the passenger's seat. "Your a dick sometimes you know that?" You ask and look at Chloe annoyed. "Sorry." Chloe mumbles sarcastically.

"Can you just pull up next to me next time? No need to scare off my friends." You roll your eyes and cross your arms. "Would I really want Warren talking to you?" Chloe looks at you. "How'd you know his name?" You ask and look back at her. "Because I use to be in his class. Come on let's go back to mine for a bit alright?" Chloe checks with you and starts to drive away. "Fine." You look out the window while she drives you back to the Price-Madsen household.