Part Seventeen: Late Night Talks

"Now that was funny." Chloe says with a big grin on her face.

"Oh shut up." You laugh at her and put the pillow on the floor. "Make me." Chloe grins and looks you straight in the eyes. "Oh my god." You roll your eyes. You kiss Chloe and smirk through it, Chloe puts her hands on your waist while you both kiss. "That enough?" You ask and pull away from the kiss. "We could do more later if you need a break." Chloe says and raises an eyebrow. "I don't need a break. Just.. shut up." You say flustered. "Make. Me." Chloe whispers and looks at you with a smirk. "Oh fuck you. Come on pack it in." You laugh and hit Chloe playfully.

"Fine. What do you wanna do?" Chloe asks and sits up a bit. "I don't know talk? Have an actual conversation." You laugh off and sit up too. "Fine what do you want to talk about?" Chloe asks and looks at you. "Earlier, I was sort of snooping around and I found some photos of you as a kid with a brunette girl, who was that?" You ask and smile at her. "That.. was my best friend max.. she moved away to Seattle. We had one good day together. Before she moved." Chloe looks down at her hands and frowns. "That was also the last time I saw my dad.." she adds and plays with some string off of her bed.

"Oh I'm sorry.. and I kinda left his jacket in your truck." You say and feel guilty. "That's okay. I'll get it later or something.. umm I'm okay." Chloe says and puts on a smile. "You don't have to lie to me... I'll listen and be here for you." You say and put your hand on hers. "Thank you.." Chloe smiles at you. "No problem." You smile back at her.

"I've just got the fact that your my girlfriend now." Chloe realises and looks at you with a sweet smile on her face. "Just this second really?" You ask and raise an eyebrow. "I don't like the sarcasm." Chloe laughs a bit. "Too bad." You cross your arms and do a sassy head tilt. Chloe smiles and gives you a kiss to shut you up.

David knocks on the door this time. "Yes David?" Chloe asks rolling her eyes. "Hey Joyce is starting up the burgers would you two care for any?" David says through the door. "Sure whatever." Chloe rolls her eyes and goes to the door.

"Can I help set up the table or anything Mr Madsen?" You ask walking out Chloe's room. "I don't know maybe go ask Joyce." David smiles. "Okay." You nod and go downstairs. "Why you such a goody two shoes?" Chloe whispers with a smirk on her face when you come downstairs. "I thought you liked having a good girl." You smirk at her. Chloe's eyes widen not really expecting a come back while you walk to the kitchen to help Joyce.

Joyce asks you to prepare the table and sort out drinks. And you put the plates down and some flowers off of the kitchen counter on the table. Joyce brings everyone's meals and you call David and Chloe to eat. "Chloe! David! Dinner!" You shout and go back to the table. You sit down after Joyce plates all the food and sits down by you. David and Chloe come along not too long after you and Joyce sat down.

"Hey." You whisper and look at chloe. "Hey cutie." Chloe smiles at you. Chloe sits down by you. "Do you say prayer for supper?" You ask Chloe confused. "Not last time I checked." Chloe says and flips a fry into her mouth. You roll your eyes and smile.

"So y/n how's it like at home dear?" David asks after taking a bite of his burger. "Umm.." you say and look down. "David. Don't ask." Chloe gives him a glare. "No Chloe it's fine, homes good yeah.. my moms out of town tonight so I asked Chloe if I could stay here and she said sure. Sorry I kinda just showed up." You say and nod with a fake smile. Chloe notices and hold your hand to comfort you. "Oh that's fine your welcome anytime." Joyce says and smiles. "Thank you." You nod.

You all eat and discuss your day other than Chloe who just snarks at David and all that. "hey I'm finished would you guys like me to carry your plates in to wash them?" You offer and look at Joyce. "Oh honey your too sweet, looks like you've done enough today let Chloe do them." Joyce says and looks at Chloe. "What? Come on do I have to?" Chloe complains. "Come on y/n has done enough tonight. Cleaning the dishes isn't to hard Chloe." David says which angers Chloe more. "Whatever. Fine." Chloe gives up and takes the plates.