Part Fourteen: A Favour

"Hey Rachel." Chloe says as you both enter the room.

"Hey guys.." Rachel whispers still feeling weak. Mr Amber scoots his way out so you three can have some privacy. "Hey. You okay?" You ask and sit down on a chair by her while Chloe sits on the bed beside Rachel. "Not great. But it's better having you guys here" Rachel says weakling trying to get up. "Hey hey relax. Stay comfortable." Chloe says to Rachel and covers her blanket back on her. "I'm fine Chloe." Rachel whispers and rests her head back.

"Rachel I'm sorry.." Chloe says and looks Rachel in the eyes. "What for?" Rachel asks looking back at her. "It's all my fault.." Chloe says and looks down feeling guilty. "Chloe is not. Don't blame yourself." You say and look up at Chloe. "I choked up, you were so strong. I froze.. it's my fault I'm sorry." Chloe says sort of tearing up. "And you saved my life." Rachel says and looks up at Chloe.

"Can you do me a favour?" Rachel asks and holds Chloe's hand loosely. "Anything." Chloe says and looks down at her. "Sera.. my mom.. I still want to see her.. can you please try and find her?" Rachel asks and looks Chloe in the eyes. "I thought you might wanna see her.." Chloe says and smiles sweetly.

"I'll find her.. whatever it takes." Chloe whispers to her and smiles. You smile at chloe seeing her happy again. "Thank you chloe." Rachel smiles up at her and slowly closes her eyes. You and chloe sneak out Rachel's room.

"Y/n I got to go find her mom." Chloe says and looks you in the eyes. "You think I'm gonna let you go alone? When your by yourself something dangerous happens. No I'm going with you." You say and take Chloe's hand. "Y/n. Rachel's in the fucking hospital. I can't risk losing you too." Chloe whispers and drops your hand. "Chloe. I'm not gonna loose you either. Mikey's one of my best friends and he's in the hospital." You say and look back up at Chloe. "And that's my fault." Chloe looks back at you. "It's not Chloe. Your not gonna change my mind. Your not going if I'm not going." You cross your arms. "Fine but if you get hurt. I could never forgive myself." Chloe looks you dead in the eyes.

"Let's go then." You say and hold Chloe's hand to the car then she drives you away. You both think of a place where you could get the most dirt of Sera and think at the ambers house, so you run there discussing your plan.

~at the Ambers home~

"Okay.. so what's the pin again?" Chloe whispers asking you what Rachel said too you two. "0722. Rachel's birthday." You whisper reading off of the piece of paper you wrote the number on.  Chloe unlocks the office and searches for a file saying sera but she can't find it. "Babe- sorry! Umm Chloe, where would a file to your child's mother be?" You ask having an idea. "Babe? We'll talk about that later, and I don't know. Wait do you?" Chloe asks with a smirk.

"There's a locked draw in James desk. You got a hair clip?" You ask fidgeting with the key hole. "Do I seem like a girl to wear a hair clip? I'll look for a key." Chloe says and checks under everything. Chloe finds an award saying worlds best father. "Ha, what bullshit." Chloe points at it then lifts it up to see a key. "Pass it." You take the key and unlock the draw. You find a shoe box full of letters and a file with sera on it. "These letters.. there for Rachel." You say going through them all.

Chloe finds a phone with a contact with just numbers no name. "Shit.. who is this?" Chloe asks. You look over Chloe's shoulder. "Daughter... wait.. this is Damon?" Chloe notices reading through the texts she gets angrier. "Chloe.. let's just get this over and done with right?" You ask and look up at her.

Damon asks you both to do a number of tasks like taking care of evidence and guys that had done him dirty. He asks for one more thing, the cash that James owes him. Chloe follows a sawdust trail leading to the cash and sends Damon a photo of the stack. He shows you both an image of Sera tied to a chair. "That's at the mill.. we gotta go. Now." Chloe says and grabs your arm to run when the nerd with cat meme shows up.

"Elliot? What are you doing here?" Chloe asks and let's go of your hand. "You know this guy Chloe?" You ask and look up at her. "I could ask you the same thing." Elliot looks at Chloe. "Did you follow us here?!" Chloe asks and puts you behind her to protect you. "Yes, I'm worried about you. Hanging out with Rachel amber and this girl who's really stuck up." Elliot points at you so Chloe keeps her foot up and stands in-front of you still.

"Everything is fine Elliot. Your acting stalker, like following is your going crazy." Chloe shouts as you stay quite. "Stalker is a term of unwanted interactions. How long have my interactions been unwanted?" Elliot asks and looks at Chloe. "Dude can you just chill out? And fuck off?" You ask and look at him. "You shut the fuck up. Chloe I'm trying to help here. Your gonna stay here till you stop giving attention to Rachel and focus on me more." Elliot stomps his foot in a way to intimidate you both.

Chloe slips you the burner phone that James had and you call 911. "Alright Elliot. What do you want?" Chloe says in a calm tone and pace to calm him. "Who was there for you? When your best friend left you? When your dad died? I was there. No one else cared." Elliot says and starts to corner up Chloe. Elliot closes the doors and triggers the alarm. "Let's talk then." Chloe says and looks at him. You get the police to come through and you slide the phone behind Chloe so they can hear.

"What's going on here?" Elliot asks and looks Chloe in the eyes. "We'll we're at the amber house?" Chloe says trying to be a smart ass but also telling the police. "You need to realise that Rachel amber is dangerous." Elliot explains to Chloe. You smirk and sit back in James surprisingly comfy office chair. "Yes I see now.. my life is in danger." Chloe says and says danger in a higher tone for the police to hear. "Finally, you understand. All I want is to help." Elliot smiles so you roll your eyes. "This whole thing was a cry for help." Chloe nods and acts like she's going along with Elliot. "I'm not going anywhere Chloe." Elliot smiles. The police start to pull up the street so Chloe grabs your wrist and runs out the DA's office and hops into her truck.

"you got the phone and cash?" Chloe asks out of breath running to the car. "Yes. You okay?" You ask Chloe and pant a little while trying to catch your breath too. "Yeah. We gotta talk about that babe after this okay?" Chloe asks and smirks at you while starting the car. "It was nothing! Oh my god.. seriously?" You ask and look at Chloe. "Yes babe." Chloe laughs and drives off.