Part Thirty: Camping

"Hey happy daughter in law to be, we'll not make it to the wedding if you don't hurry up!" Steph rushes you.

"I better get going, thank you really Joyce." You smile and wipe your face. "It's a pleasure hun, go have fun. Make sure Chloe message me once you get there." Joyce says. "Will do." You say as you leave with the others.

You all take the bus and chit chat. "Oh I've gotta go to campus to grab my tent I'll meet you at the track." Steph remembers. "Yeah okay I'll send you the locations in a bit then." You say and look at her. Steph waits for the closest stop to the school and hops off. "Hey y/n." Mikey taps your shoulder as he sat in the chair behind you.

"Yeah?" You ask and turn back. "Me and Steph might play D&D would you and the others wanna join us?" Mikey asks leaning over. "Maybe bud, ask us later if we ain't so tired okay?" You ask him back and he nods. "What a bunch of nerds." Drew mutters. "And I'm a nerd who could easily cause you to bleed wanna test that?" You ask raising an eyebrow at him.

"No ma'am." Drew laughs. "Good." You cross your arms and sit in silence until you get close to the shop, once you get close you all head off and buy a tent and bag. "I've got dads old tent and some new bags Mikey we can't ruin this if we still wanna go to the creek this summer." Drew says carry the tent and a bag.

Mikey nods and holds his bag tight. "You guy's already have plans for the summer?" You ask them holding your new bag and tent. "You don't? You plan years ahead normally I'm surprised." Mikey laughs. "Hey I've got a girlfriend and I don't know if she wants to do anything for the break or not." You think really hard at what you could do.

"I could take her to the beach.." you mumble to yourself thinking what you could do. "Yeah great just take her up the road." Drew makes fun of you. "Oh come on I'm not good at this." You look back at him with a glare. "Just fuck everyday." Drew laughs at you. "I like walking thank you very much." You laugh back at him.

You finally make it to the train tracks and slowly start go make it up towards the junkyard. You decide to call Chloe half way up the tracks, "hey babe, we're on our way there. Steph's gotta grab her tent and sleeping bag so she's gonna be a bit later." You say on call.

"Yeah we're here. Rachel's setting up her tent it's hilarious her getting pissed about the rods that keep jumping out the floor. I feel bad at taking her hammer." Chloe laughs. "Give her the hammer if she needs it." You laugh too. "Nah she'll find a rock." Chloe giggles and slips the hammer behind her back into her jeans. "Okay anyway we're on the south entrance now so I'll see you there babe." You say and smile.

"Okay see you in a bit." Chloe says and goes to hang up. "Babe." You quickly shout before she hangs up. "Yeah?" Chloe asks and puts the phone back to her ear. "I love you." You smile more. "I know." Chloe laughs and hangs up. "Jerk." You yell and the lads look confused at you. "What was that about?" Drew asks really concerned. "She didn't say it back." Mikey fills him in and they both laugh at you. You pout and storm off to the junkyard.

~at the junkyard~

You keep walking as the boys follow you. Chloe notices you pouting and laughs to herself. "What y/n here?" Rachel asks stepping away from her tent for a second before it clasped again. "Yeah." Chloe laughs at Rachel running back to build it back. "Hey baby." Chloe nods up at you. "Don't hey baby me." You mumble and pout before putting down Chloe and Rachel's take out dinner you brought them.

"Hey don't be mad. I'm playing you know I am." Chloe says and steps up close to you. You ignore her so she looks down at you so you turn your head. "Babe?" Chloe tilts her head. You don't say anything and go to an area to set up your tent so Chloe follows you.