Part Twenty-Six: Apologies

"Im sorry..." Chloe mutters outside the door to her room hearing it all through the door she hesitates to go in or not.

Chloe slowly backs away from the door she takes her hand off the handle and quickly and quietly walks back downstairs like she wasn't even there.

You and Rachel slowly fall asleep facing opposite ends of Chloe's bed sharing the blanket keeping warm.

~The next morning~

Rachel is already up and out of bed and left you a text to wake up to.

(You check your phone to see a message from Rachel)

Worlds best actress 🧡

Rachel:"hey y/n! I must wake up earlier or the conversation we had yesterday really took out your energy. Either way it's cool by the time you read this I'll either be eating breakfast with the lovely Joyce and her David or be on my way to Blackwell to discuss what the drama club had in store next"

(You put your phone away)

You slide your phone off the bed not caring and not wanting to leave. You don't wanna talk to Chloe for multiple reasons, but mostly because you think she's mad at you. Someone knocks on the door. "Who is it?" You groan still face planted into your pillow. "It's Joyce I'm here to gather Chloe's dirty laundry do you mind if I come in?" Joyce asks politely. "Yeah I'm just sleeping still.." you mumble. Joyce comes in. "Your a lot like Chloe in the way you both sleep till midday." Joyce giggles and smiles at you.

"Mhm.. is she still asleep..?" You ask and rub your eyes. "Yeah she's on the sofa downstairs. Did something happen?" Joyce asks concerned for you both. "Yeah.. I don't really wanna talk about it and I kind of wanna leave before she wakes up. Can you ask her to message me when she wakes up?" You ask and look at Joyce. "Don't you want breakfast? Your friends downstairs eating." Joyce asks.

"I'm fine thank you Joyce.. I just wanna leave.." you say and sit up finally. "Well give it five minutes, five minutes can change a lifetime." Joyce says then leaves and closes the door. You think and know a little wait to wake up properly and to change won't be so bad. You sit with your forehead in your hands thinking about yesterday and repeatedly blame yourself for the situation.

You take Joyce's offer of breakfast and head downstairs to eat. "Hey.." you mutter as David pulls up a chair for you and Joyce plates up some food for you. "Chloe's still out cold." Rachel says as you sit down beside her. "Thank you Joyce.. I needed a moment even if it was like a minute or so.. thank you." You look up at Joyce after she puts your food down.

"No problem sweetheart, Chloe will wake up soon." Joyce says and pats your shoulder before sitting in her seat. "Oh.. okay." You say while nodding gently. You eat some of your breakfast but keep looking back to see if Chloe's alright. You chuckle at her face slammed into the cushion drooling all over it. "I'm gonna have to wash that now.." Joyce mumbles and cuts her meal aggressively.

"Here girls let me take the plate and I'll do the dishes as you wake up the wild beast." David says and points his butter knife to Chloe from the table as he picks up yours and Rachel's empty plates. "Thank you David." You and Rachel say in sync. Joyce takes her plate too and goes to clean up in the kitchen with David.

"I'm gonna go upstairs and pack my bag okay?" Rachel asks and looks at you. "Yeah yeah.. see you later." You day and smile slightly. Rachel goes upstairs and you sit at the dinner table in silent trying to not wake up Chloe scared if she'll still be angry about what happened yesterday. You get up from your chair and try to sneak upstairs but Chloe slowly starts to wake up, you hear her mumbled noise as she moves her head away from the sunlight coming through the large glass windowed doors.