Shattered

The next morning, Pip was standing at his locker. He was retrieving a stack of papers making up the owed homework he'd been completing for some of his bullies. He'd pretty much finished all of them now but he'd accidently missed off Red's science homework, which meant unless he could finish it within the hour, he was in trouble.

It was still early in the morning so there was enough time for him to get cracking - providing nobody would accost him in the corridor on the way to the library.

Pip yawned as he made his way down the corridor, papers tucked into his chest. He'd hardly gotten any sleep due to the bitter wind which had picked up during the night, making it chillier than usual. A few of his boxes had even blown away. As well as this, he still felt winded from being tackled so roughly and his throbbing leg was making him very uncomfortable as he tried to sleep.

Pip finally reached the library and used his back to press open the door. Timidly looking around to see if anyone was in there, Pip limped over to the little seating area in the corner at the far side of the room. It basically consisted of a two small, plush chairs - one pushed up again the wall, the other opposite it, hidden between three bookshelves. Pip likened it to a cove and liked it because it gave him a little bit of privacy.

Pip dumped himself down on the chair and started to fill out Red's homework. He found himself struggling with it due to his own tiredness and soon felt his mind drifting away into the calm aura of sleep. After a brief microsleep he shook himself awake and finished the homework, yawning again. He then dozed off once more, his last thoughts hoping that today would go smoothly.

~~~~~

Downstairs, Kenny was walking down the corridor. He'd just entered school and was now walking around aimlessly until lessons started in an hour's time. He plodded down the corridor, bored, and found himself wondering if Pip would be in school at this time. After their awkward encounter the day before, he felt it necessary to see how he was doing.

I mean, I could do the decent thing and visit him, but he's terrified of me. How do I make him not scared? Show up as Mysterion? Pfft.

Kenny headed upstairs and towards the library, figuring that if the Brit was in school, there was a good chance he'd be there. Pushing the door open with his shoulder as his hands were tucked away inside his pockets and he couldn't be bothered to move them, Kenny lounged inside. He looked around and spotted a familiar brown cap tucked away in the far corner of the library. Raising an eyebrow, the blonde slacker plodded over there to see a sleeping Pip, a pile of papers in his lap.

Kenny felt himself smiling at the innocent sight. He shook his head and made his way to the corner, taking a seat opposite Pip. The smaller blonde didn't stir, so Kenny decided not to wake him. Instead, he grabbed the paper sheets piled up on Pip's legs and gathered them up, reading the sheets one by one. He found himself frowning as various different names popped up at the top of the sheets.

It was all homework, and none of it was his.

"Assholes." he muttered to himself, sliding the papers onto the little coffee table resting between them. He plucked Pip's pen off of the table and started filling in the rest of the answers he'd missed to save Pip a job, then yawned, kicking his legs onto the table. He closed his eyes and felt himself drifting off into the darkness, last thoughts hoping that he wouldn't frighten Pip too much when he woke up.

~~~~~

When Pip did wake up, he almost had a heart attack at seeing Kenny sleeping opposite him so casually. After getting over the intial shock and calming his bubbling anxiety down, Pip checked to see if Kenny had messed with any of his stuff. At seeing the papers all in order, he gathered them up and shot to his feet, gently stepping over Kenny to leave the cubby. He seized up when he felt a hand grab his arm.