Unlocked

Pip was cuddling his tear-stained pillow as he drifted in and out of sleep, trying to focus on the soothing conversation lulling around his bed.

"-so if you're ever in need of an emergency cake or whatever, Michael's the one to go to."

"Thanks for the offer. I was thinking about buying one for Mr Thomas, the doctor who's been looking after this little man. I guess I could get one for Pip too, but I know he's not had an appetite lately."

"Is he still just eating rice and tapioca pudding?"

"I believe so. I think they tried toast with him but he couldn't stomach it."

"Maybe you could buy him something more to his tastes?"

"What do British people even eat?

"Like, tea, or something? Tea and crumpets."

"Fish and chips, too."

"And roast dinners."

"I don't think he's eaten anything like that since he lived in England. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he'd never tried any of that stuff before, given that- he... well... wasn't allowed to eat much."

"That's horrible."

"That sucks. Nobody should have to go through that, not even conformists."

Pip came to with a sigh and tiredly looked up at Mysterion who was perched on the bed next to him, listening intently to the goths. Pip pawed at his leg, causing the hero to glance down at him.

"Hey sleepyhead. How are you feeling?" the hero smiled warmly.

Pip nodded. "I-I feel okay, thank you. H-How are you?"

"I'm good thanks."

"A-Are you hungry?" Pip whispered, the subject of food making him ask that.

Mysterion smiled fondly and whispered back, "Not at the moment, thank you."

The Brit nodded and held onto the corner of the vigilante's cape for support. He rested his weary head against Mysterion's thigh, snuggling into it. He dozed again for a few moments until the events of the previous few hours crossed his mind, hitting him like a ton of bricks.

'They know everything they know everything they know they know-'

He tensed up and sat up in bed, pulling away from Mysterion.

"Hey, what's up?" the vigilante asked, reaching out for him.

Pip trembled and avoided looking at his audience. "S-Sorry, I-...it's nothing."

"Pip..."

Pip knew he couldn't lie any more. "Y-You know everything now. A-About me. My life. I feel kinda... I feel kinda..."

"Lost?"

"E-Empty. Sad. Scared." Pip admitted.

"Why?"

"I-I don't know... Opening up doesn't really come naturally to me. Maybe I did the wrong thing by telling you what happened..." he whispered, doubting himself.

Mysterion cupped his head. "I'm so proud of you for telling me... for telling us. You're used to bottling things up to the point of making you ill, and that's seriously unhealthy. Getting everything off your chest will help you heal and move forward."

"I just-"

"Yes?"

He lowered his head. "I don't want you to think little of me."

"Little of you?" Michael raised an eyebrow.

"Y-Yes." Pip replied meekly, tears building in his eyes. "Now that everything's out in the open."