Ambivalence

She couldn't believe she was doing this.

Wendy bit her tongue as she sloped around the early morning streets of South Park, looking out for a particular person of interest.

She was trying to find Pip.

The teenager turned her head, trying to gain her bearings in the early morning mist. She remembered turning left at the junction by the candy store and was pretty sure Pip's alley was next to a storefront... maybe. A shop then?

"The laundromat!" she exclaimed, the location suddenly hitting her.

Remembering where the Brit had taken her the previous day, Wendy hurried along the pavement and soon enough, found his little hidey-hole.

A rather adorable sight greeted her as she peeked around the building canvas into the alley. Mysterion was crouched in front of Pip, who was sitting up on his blanket, mouth open as the hero fed him what appeared to be a spoonful of medicine. She smiled and suppressed a laugh.

It was just too cute.

Wendy let out a little cough to make herself known. Pip shrank back against the wall and Mysterion stood in front of him, eyebrow raised. He hadn't expected her to turn up so suddenly.

"Mysterion." she said by way of greeting.

"Miss Testaburger."

"I see you're well."

"You too." Mysterion nodded, eying her up and down. Pip stared at the couple with wide eyes, sensing something between them.

"How are you doing today, Pip?" Wendy smiled at her classmate, trying to appear less threatening.

"F-Fine thanks." he replied wearily, looking towards Mysterion for mental strength.

Mysterion tried to reassure him with his eyes.

Wendy cleared her throat. "Well, um, I was just wondering if you, Pip, would like to... um... walk to school with me today, if you're feeling up to it? But you totally don't have to if you're feeling pressured or anything." she rubbed the back of her head.

Pip tried not to visibly react to what she'd just said and tried to process it. Wendy... Wendy wanted to walk him to school? That was... new. "Um... n-no thank you, Wendy. I don't think I'm going in today. I-I'm still sorta tired..." he replied timidly.

"If your head still hurts I could get you something, if you wanted?"

"Um, that's okay. Mysterion's already done that..."

Wendy smiled. "No problem then. Well, I better go. You're clearly in good hands..." her eyes drifted to the vigilante. "I'll see you around." she gave them a little wave and headed out of the alley, Pip blankly staring at her back.

"You okay?" Mysterion said after a while.

"Why would Wendy-?"

"She's the one that found you yesterday. She took care of you."

Pip's eyes widened. "W-Wendy?"

"Yes. You brought her here."

"Oh..." Pip's face fell.

"Don't stress on it. I think you really worried her. She was concerned about you."

"But... it's Wendy."

"Yeah?"

"She's like..." he blushed, "Really popular..."

"She is."

"Then why would she-"

"I think she feels sorry for you."

"Pities me?"