CAN'T STOP ME

"Where the hell am I?" Nova muttered, taken aback by the number of people scattering across the halls

"Where the hell am I?" Nova muttered, taken aback by the number of people scattering across the halls. The terrazzo floor is polished, reflecting the diamonds hanging from the chandeliers above. There's a room to her right that seems overly crowded. Tables are covered in white cloths with colored jellies, veggies dipped in butter and other dishes plastered on silver platters. A bottle of champagne is popped. Nova retains her focus and moves forward.

The little girl had ran out the door and led her here. And now she was no where to be found. It was as if she melted away, leaving Nova alone. Without the help of Bast, she was clueless if she was on the right track out of here.

Descending up the stairs, Nova walks through an endless of halls until she catches her name. Behind the corner, there she was in a black getup. The cargo pants remained loose around her waist with the squares cut long sleeve sculpting the muscles on her arms. Inching herself closer, Nova stands between a mirrored version of herself and Natasha. Her eyes soften.

Natasha is still with her arms crossed. Her high arched eyebrows makes her bitter mood apparent. However, her mirrored version seems to not be affected, but rather calm. The natural highlight and light shadows reflecting makes her seem less intimidating than usual. 

"Is that my shirt?" Natasha questioned, pulling away from Nova's hug.

Nova sighed, unamused by her question. It was the only thing she was able to put on last minute, "Look, you called and I'm here"

"That still doesn't explain the shirt" Natasha pointed out, nearly causing Nova to roll her eyes.

"Maybe it's not a good idea for me to talk to him" Nova explained in a hushed tone, glancing to the room behind Natasha. The door remained wide open. If they listened closely, the mysterious person behind those walls could hear them. "His father just died."

"I know, I'm mostly just relying on feelings of nostalgia here" Natasha answered. Her mirrored version nearly turned pale. Nova recalled this moment. It wasn't that she was nervous, but rather avoidant. Nova wasn't good comforting people. Death had become too familiar with her. Sometimes it terrified her how detached she was to her emotions. She prayed that at the last minute someone would come and take this issue off her hands. Yet, considering that Natasha was the one asking for this favor it was hard for her to say no.

Natasha's almond hooded emerald eyes searched her friends auburn cool toned eyes. A firm hand was placed on her shoulder. "You got this." Nova took a deep breathe, giving a nod.

Nova followed herself into the room.

It was a matter of seconds until life had finally taken her breath away.  "So, I had a look at your suit and I can't help, but say I'm impressed" her past, strides into the room, sitting on the edge of the seat, across from the King of Wakanda. His eyes lifted from his cellphone. T'Challa's hard jaw loosened, as he adjusted himself in the chair. Nova grew scared to blink, not wanting to miss a single moment of this memory. "Agent Romanoff tells me you had the intention of killing the Winter Solider. You took us by surprise back there"