SIX

Numb

Numb. That's all Nova could feel around her body. Her mind and heart aching the most. Nakia words echoed through her head on the king being dead. The words kept going on as if it was on a repeat button. It was haunting her mind.

Nakia had guided the two out into the forest through the night as Nova felt oblivious to what was really going around. She almost couldn't feel the tears running down her face but she wiped it quickly before anyone noticed.

She couldn't be weak. She had to be strong. It was how she grew up to be.

She should've known better than to believe T'Challa's words. She should've left when she had the chance.

The three finally came to the Shuri and The Queen as her mother raised a weapon at Nakia in instinct but was quick to raise it at the two. Ross flinched back while Nova stared down at her feet unfazed.

"Nova" Shuri gasped,

"Who are these two!?" Shuri's mother questioned.

"They were friends of T'Challa. He's saved my life and Nova has saved T'Challa's." Nakia quickly explained. The agent wondered how Nakia knew that but figured that T'Challa had told them.

Nova felt Shuri's arm embrace her which lead to her returning the gesture. The sister knew the feelings Nova had felt towards her brother as her brother too shared the same feelings but Nova didn't know that. Neither one of the lovers did.

"Where is Okoye?"

Nakia sighed upset,"She's not coming. She and the soldiers have to serve for the king. Please wait here." And with that Nakia left the four to stand.
The queen stared at the ground in tears,"What has happened to our Wakanda?"

Nova buried her face into Shuri's neck trying to hide her tears. She couldn't help but want to cry when remembering her first encounter with T'Challa as adults and how she saved his life.

Natasha had called Nova to come with her to the meeting that Steve was suppose to come to in order to settle things with the King of Wakanda for the recent incident that had happened in Steve's mission that had Wanda locked up in her room.

Nova that day wore black high heels with a red mini dress along with a business coat with her hair down in curls. She walked side by side with Natasha but had quickly lost her within the crowd in the room.

Nova didn't know what to do so she just stood there observing the scenes around her. Something she was very use to,"Lost?"

At the new thick accent Nova turned around seeing a handsome dark skinned man who had a small tint of blush when he saw Novas beautiful face.

She knew indeed who this was.

"Indeed I was"

"Was?"