THIRTY SIX

She woke up to a bright white room

She woke up to a bright white room. At first Nova had to adjust to her vision. She squinted trying to swallow some saliva but her throat and mouth were dry. Her body too was stiff. Like she hadn't moved in a long while. Then, there was a annoying beeping sound beside her that when she looked to the machine, she saw all clear tubes detached from her wrists. Did she no longer need them? 

At the sound of a footstep Nova turned her head, seeing her Dad leaning against the wall.

He looked quite relieved to see her awake,"Hey, How are you feeling Nov?" He asked, going to her side.

Nova couldn't help it but hugged her Dad,"Your back" she stated with her voice being raspy.

"I am" he confirmed, hugging her back.

Nova had missed her Fathers arms. Everyone knew the Furys as tough badasses but when they were in their own walls, Nova was soft along with her Dad. If they decided to express it.

"Where's Mom?" She asked right off the bat, wanting to see her Mon who she hadn't seen in almost six years. All they would do is video chat but this time Nova needed to see her face to face. It had been an extra five years without her. She needed to see her.

"Your mother.."

That didn't sound good.

Nova frowned, pulling herself away from the hug. She wanted to ask more but then she stopped. Nova suddenly began to remember all the things that had happened before. The battle of Thanos..they had won, but she was stabbed, and oh god, T'Challa!

"Where is he? Where's everyone?" Nova asked, immediately sitting up. The girl looked to her stomach with her hand automatically lifting up her gigantic black T-shirt to loosely lift it up to see the scar the sword left behind. But there was no scar.

"W—What, that doesn't make sense. I was stabbed and t—there's no wound" she stammered, with realization hitting her,"Dad, I died! How can that be!? I remember T'Challa and he couldn't do anything—"

"Nova you gotta breathe" he reminded her.

Nova nodded, and listened to her Dad that she breathed in and out, repeatedly, until she finally was calm.

"Look..when you almost died, the King of Wakanda put a couple of vibranium pieces in you to keep you stable. I was told that he was gonna take you to Wakanda but Carol said that she'd take you to me. And when she brought you here, she came back with this flower from a planet. It had healing abilities myths have heard of. We put the flowers prosperities in you and we discovered that not only did the flower heal you but it gave you..abilities"

Nova widened her eyes,"What kind?" She quietly asked, afraid of what the answer was.

"When a nurse accidentally cut herself it was like you could sense it in your sleep. That when she touched your arm to check your pulse, you began to heal her like there was no cut to begin with"

Oh my god,"We checked if the flower gave you mortality but Carol checked with the planet that was an expert with the flower. The flower does indeed give one healing abilities to themselves and others. But it doesn't give you immortality."

Nova felt a bit relieved to hear that. But the fact that she was given a flower that did so much to her made her feel uneasy.

She turned her head slightly away, almost ashamed,"Where is he, T'Challa?"

Her Dad sighed,"In Wakanda I assume."

Nova frowned,"What about Mom?"

Her Dads face turned hard. He stood up and looked away,"When your Mom heard that you almost died she decided to come up here to New York from Paris by herself." He sighed,"On the way here she got to a car accident and the surgery process didn't go too well. They needed a blood transfer. But you were knocked out and nearly dying—"

She realized what he was trying to say,"Nov, she ain't coming back."

It felt like a bunch of bricks were thrown onto her. Nova uneasy lied back down that she stared up at the ceiling with tears threatening to come out. But she shut her eyes to prevent them from falling. Yet with the thought of not seeing her mother again, another person who died because of her made her feel worse. She tried to calm down and listen to her Fathers words but instead she let it all out and released shrieks of pain.