Chapter 7

Maz's point of view

-Rest Elara, I'll take care of everything.

-But Maaaz, I'm the one who has to do it," my young friend moaned under the effects of my brandy.

-Tttt, you need to rest now, sleep," I said, folding the blanket over her still bruised body.

I tucked her in for a few more minutes and withdrew once she was asleep. I headed for my quarters and made contact with the Resistance.

-This is Mama Kanata.

-Copy that, this is Condor, what can I do for you," asked my caller.

-Put me through to the General, I have some very important information to pass on to her.

The minutes passed and I was getting impatient. Suddenly, Leia's voice rang through the radio receiver.   

-What's going on, Maz?

-I have the young Padawan Elara with me," I said.

-Oh my God, is she okay? Is she with you?

-Relax, I just put her down. She's in bad shape, I'll take care of her while you send someone to get her.

-I'll send you my best, take good care of her and thank you for finding her," she thanked me.

Leia's point of view

-General Organa, you sent for me? Poe said as he came running in.

-Yes, she's been found. I announced the news to Poe.

-IT'S TRUE?! We can finally see her again. Where is she? Lieutenant Dameron asked me.

-She is currently safe at Maz Kanata Castle. On Takodana in the Tashtor sector. I am appointing you to this mission to rescue Private Elara Lanpoll, you are our best man for the job.

-Don't worry, General. I'll bring her back safely," he told me before rushing out of the room.

Elara's point of view

I woke up with a good headache, Maz's alcohol has a crazy effect on my brain capacity. I quietly walked out of the room my friend had kindly lent me and looked for her through the large population she was hosting in her castle.

-Elara here!!!

I looked up in surprise to find Poe and Maz sitting at one of the tables in the establishment. I jumped into the comforting arms of my companion before embracing him.

-Excuse me but I'm still here. Maz laughed with a small smile.

I let go of Poe's lips in embarrassment as he laughed with Maz, I settled into his lap not wanting to leave the comfort of his arms. Memories came flooding back pleasantly in my mind.