Chapter 20

Kylo Ren point of view

Once we had landed, I ordered the two stormtroopers to take Starlight to a room near my quarters and guard the entrance.

I had the second woman locked in a torture chamber and went to my quarters. I removed my helmet and gloves and grabbed Starlight's lightsaber from beside my pillow.

-Why are you resisting me Starlight? I muttered, thinking of the combative look in her eyes.

I turned on the saber and watched it glow in the darkness of my quarters. The colour of it brought me back to the fierce golden eyes of MY Jedi, enchanting me more than it should. I turned it off after a few minutes of contemplation and made my way to the rebel's torture chamber.

Elara viewpoint

As soon as I arrived, I was locked in a darkly coloured room. I sat on the bed and observed my surroundings: the room had little furniture, only a large bed, a bedside table and a full bathroom. The room was quiet and I couldn't help but fall into meditation, I felt different presences, first the imposing Sith, then the luminous Korr and finally the entire crew of the Destroyer.

Suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my back, my friend's aura began to fade and I had a vision of what was happening. I screamed at the top of my lungs through the Force, hoping to stop the torture session that was killing Korr slowly.

-You better calm down Starlight or I'll make sure she dies horribly.

-What right do you have to do this? WHY? Aren't you tired of acting like a monster?

-But Starlight, that's what I am.

-No, you're not, underneath that mask you're just lost and hurt.

-No, I am a monster and one day I'll show you why. Now shut up or I'll kill her in front of you. he growled as our connection broke down.

I was alone again. I stood up and started to knock on the door.

-LET ME OUT! I exclaimed as I pounded on the iron door.

-You can knock and screm all you want, but I won't let you out. replied a stormtrooper.

Hux's point of view

While Kylo Ren was busy torturing the resistance fighter, for once he was doing something useful, I made my way to his protege's cell to get some information out of her and break her mind at the same time. When I reached his cell the soldiers stood to attention and I could hear the other rabid man shouting.

-Soldier, situation report.

-The prisoner has been shouting and banging on the door for the last 10 minutes.

-All right, I'll calm her down, I think she needs to be put in her place.

I then opened the cell. The vermin stood in front of me foaming with anger. She stood still in a second and looked me straight in the eye. I could no longer see in her the provocative look of our first meeting, only the terror reflected in her eyes. I entered accompanied by the two soldiers.

-Put her on the ground. I ordered them.

In a few seconds, she was on the ground without being able to use her tricks to fight back. I knelt down in front of her.

-I did some research on you, Elara Lanpoll. And I found some pretty interesting things.

Elara's point of view

General Hux was in front of me, I was paralyzed the moment I saw him, fear had taken control of my movements.

-Elara Lanpoll... was the only thing my mind retained from what he had just told me.