Chapter 8

"I was sitting quietly in a bar on Tatooine, sipping a glass of Kylessian fruit alcohol. A group of 5 Kaleeshs had just entered the establishment, two of them were pushing a dark-haired man towards the table where their gang was sitting.

-You don't know who you're dealing with," the man exclaimed.

-You don't know who you're dealing with, believe me," exclaimed the man. "Neither do you, human, now give us back our microfilm," growled the gang leader.

I got up and walked towards them with a swaying gait. When I reached them I stopped and put on my best smile.

-Gentlemen, I greeted. May I," I asked, pointing to the seat in front of the leader?

-Of course, the rest of you can leave," ordered the Kaleesh to his companions.

-No, no, go on with what you were doing. I just want to know what kind of differences you have with this man?

They looked at me in astonishment, the human raised his face and I was stunned. I don't know if it was the smoke or the alcohol, but he was beautiful.

-This man stole our microfilm.

- That's not true! I paid them 10,000 Pegats and they changed the price," said the man.   

-I see. Well, from what I feel you are lying very dearly," I said, turning to the Kaleesh. Now you'll get out of here and leave him alone.

I drew my sword as the bandits placed their hands on their blasters, and positioned it a few inches from their leader's neck. They stopped instantly.

-Now get out.

They quickly executed themselves and left the tavern, leaving us alone. I helped the man to his feet and sat down again.

-Thank you very much.

-What is your name?

-Poe Dameron, and you?

-Elara."

That's how we met and fell in love with each other. A month later, I joined the Resistance and was assigned to his squadron.        

-Thank you, ma'am, for finding her," Poe said, bringing me back to earth.

-I didn't find her, she did it on her own at great cost.

-We'll leave you to it, thanks again," he thanked her as he stood up with me in his arms.

-Thank you Maz, I'll come back to see you, I promise. I said, waving to him.  

We walked out of the castle and Poe headed for a Snowspeeder a few yards away. He put me on one of the bunks and had us airborne in no time. Two hours later, we landed at the rebel base of D'oar.