Chapter 29

Flashback:

"Danish," I called his name and he hummed in response sitting down on the bed resting his head against the headboard and opened up his laptop .

" If I ever go against you what would you do?"  I questioned him trying to know the extent of his reaction.

But why did I regret those words? It was as if I was giving him a  clue.

'Great, jump in front of the lion on your own," my subconscious, I swear !

..........................

He narrowed his eyes at me making me awkward." I am just asking ,"

I was definitely a bad liar. He turned his attention back to his work ," Depends on what you do, there are consequences for everything," he said and I turned around walking out.

Monotonous robot.

As soon as I exited the door I saw all three of them standing there.

" What?" I questioned and they gave me a sheepish grin.

" We were just passing by ," Divya said while Sameer laughed. I folded my hands narrowing my eyes at them ," Bhabhi, we were just trying to listen whether Bhai knows or not," he said.

I gave him a look of amusement," In short: eavesdropping," I said and he gave me a sheepish smile.

I shook my head at his reason as I knew the room was soundproof . There was no chance they could hear anything.

Walking downstairs I helped mom with the dinner and dadaji kept me company by telling me the highlights of the newspaper. This had become a habit for him to discuss the worldly matters with me nowadays.

While I set the table he took a seat motioning me to come closer.

I leaned down slowly as he questioned," Does he know yet?" I immediately shook my head showing him a thumbs up that we were still safe.

I had called everyone when I saw Danish entering the living room from the main door . Damn! Why did he go out?

And exactly when?

Has the time of my doom arrived already?

Lag to raha hai!' My subconscious is so punctual.(Seems like it)

I gave him a nervous smile as he walked inside emotionless and took a seat near dadaji.

He narrowed his eyes at dadaji who laughed at him in return.

What was going on?

Were they having some internal communication?

I sat down next to Sam while Danish sat right across me . I tried ignoring looking at him as I knew my fear would give away .

" This is heaven," Divya said praising mom as she took a bite of the vegetable curry. I smiled at her reaction , she was right indeed afterall mom was an amazing cook.

" How was your day guys?" Danish questioned out of blue and I choked . Coughing loudly I looked aside as my vision blurred and Sam rubbed my back passing me a glass of water.

" Kashvi , you okay?" Mom asked and I nodded sipping water slowly looking at Danish who was staring right at me.

Divya who was sitting right next to him gave me a reassuring look ," It's okay , " she mumbled , but I knew behind that she meant for me to calm down.

But how could I ?

I was the one who did the great work , they all would be spared but not me.

" They all stayed inside watching a movie ," mom lied trying to support us and Danish turned around looking at Divya .