Chapter One: New Members of Organization XIII

The Organization is seated in the Round Room, like King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table only for malicious terrorism and world control. Saïx addresses the members "Pitiful Heartless, mindlessly collecting hearts. The rage of the Keyblade releases those hearts. They gather in darkness, masterless and free... until they weave together to make Kingdom Hearts. And when that time comes, we can truly, finally exist.".

In Twilight Town, Up at the top of the clock tower, Racydex, and Axel sat along the edge, enjoying the view. "Racydex, are you really sure you don't have a heart?" Axel asks. "I dunno. It's not like we can just... look inside." Racydex says looking down at her hands, before asking "But... if there is something inside me, then I'd feel it, wouldn't I?". "True enough," Axel says handing her a Sea-salt ice cream bar. Racydex is surprised. She chuckles with happiness and takes the ice cream. They reminisce about the day Racydex was named. She wakes up in front of The Old Mansion in Twilight Town, she wears a dark red top, light grey jacket, mixed reed and grey boots, dark grey jeans, black and grey scarf with the Nobody symbols all over it, and checkered wristband. A figure in a black cloak emerges from a corridor of darkness and walks toward her. He told her "You seek answers.". The man waves a cloaked arm between the two of them and the word 'DARCEY' appears in the air, the letters shiny, silver, and hovering. He said, "I can give you purpose.".

The man waves his arm again and the letters swirl around Racydex, gaining momentum until they're barely visible as letters. The man slams his fist into them and four points of golden light shoot out, forcing Racydex to flinch. She opens her eyes and sees a new golden letter X hovering before her. The silver letters rejoin with the X in the end forming a new word, turning fully golden. Racydex spoke her new name "Racydex.". The man in the black coat was Xemnas the leader of Organization XIII, giving an evil smile "That is right--the new you.". Later, Racydex walks through Twilight Town, seeing a group of kids eating ice cream. She stops and starts to turn around when Axel places a hand on her shoulder. The flashback ends, back to the clock tower to Axel and Racydex. Axel said, "Man, I miss the old times. Still got it memorized? The day we met when you got your new name, you and I sat right here, just like this and watched the sunset.".

~ Day 255 ~

Why the sun sets red

Another day in Twilight Town, Racydex was sitting at the top of the clock tower, watching the sunset with Sea-salt ice cream in her hands, her Duotone and the Fire Gem dragons were napping in the sun. "You're early." A male voice says. She turned and saw Axel joining her. "No, you're just late," Racydex says. Axel chuckled and he sat down next to Racydex. "Today makes 255," Racydex says. "What's that about?" Axel asks. "It's been that many days since I first joined the Organization," Racydex says. "So, you got the number memorized, do you?" Axel asks. "Yeah. Have to hang on to something, right? It's not like I have memories from before the Organization." Racydex says. "Don't you remember? I acted like a zombie." Racydex says. "Right, that first week you both could barely form a sentence," Axel says. Axel smiled and patted Racydex in the back. "But come on, you're still like a zombie!" Axel teases and pats her back playfully. "Oh, thanks!" Racydex says playfully smiling, as she waved her hand. The duo laughed a bit. "Hey, Racydex. Bet you don't know why the sun sets red. You see, light is made up of lots of colours. And out of all those colours, red is the one that travels the farthest." Axel says. "Like I asked, Know-it-all!" Racydex teases. Elbowing him playfully. Axel chuckled and pointed to himself with a smile on his face. The duo laughed some more. Later on during the day, Axel was lying on his back staring up at the sky while Racydex sat upright, holding the leftover sticks of her ice cream, expecting someone else to join them. "Seriously, where is he? He's never late like this before." Racydex asks looking back over to her left. Axel frowned upon hearing that and sat right up. Racydex (narrating) "You gotta figure, everything starts someplace. The closest thing for me is when I was just seven days old, and I met him."

~ Day 7 ~

Number XIV

(The World That Never Was)

The Castle That Never Was looms over the Dark City in the World That Never Was. Racydex awakes in her stale white room and walks to The Grey Area. Larxene and Xigbar lounge on white chairs. Axel and Saïx stand near the large window. The sky is blank outside. Larxene complained "Eww. You're awake? The second only girl in the Organization, besides me. Face it Racydex, we live in a male-dominated multiverse.". Xigbar noticed her and said "Hey, Racydex. Welcome to the program, as they say.". Racydex continues to walk over to Axel, and didn't feel like talking. Axel waved to her and said "Heya, Racydex. What up squirt?". Racydex says nothing, she just rubbed her arms in comfort. Axel notices something was wrong and said "Something I can help you with there, chatterbox?". Racydex continues to say nothing. Axel crosses his arms in thought. Axel realised "Ah, I remember now. We were supposed to convene in the Round Room today. Blegh, meetings...". This got her talking and back to reality, and broke her silence while tilting her head "Round...Room...? Why? Something important that our superior has to tell us."

Axel looked at her and said "Yup. Apparently the boss man's got some big news. Wanna head over there now?". Racydex was unsteady and said "Okay.". Axel said "Alrighty then. Follow me.". Saïx announced "Today's is an important meeting. I expect everyone to be on time.". All the members of Organization XIII were gathered in the Round Room for a special meeting. Each of them had their hoods down. Where Nothing Gathers or the Round Room as the Organization members call it was a circular room containing white marble throne-like chairs ranging in height, where the Nobodies of Organization XIII gather and discuss developments. It was also where Xemnas gave out orders. Each of the members were seated as Xemnas addresses the "Good tidings, friends. Today is a momentous day." Axel scratches his chin. Luxord sits back in his chair "I am pleased to announce that a new member has been chosen to wear the coat." Xemnas continues.

Vexen smirks. Demyx adjusts his seat. Xemnas looks down toward the floor. A medium height cloaked figure walks into the room and stands in the center with its hood up. Everyone looked down and a lone hooded figure stepped into the center of the circle. "Number XIV. Let us all welcome one of the Keyblade's chosen." Xemnas says/ As they stared at the figure, it reminded the girl of the day they joined the Organization. Racydex blinks, remembering when she was brought before them. Axel walks in behind her and Racydex looks up. Xemnas holds his head up in boredom. The memory ends and the figure looks toward Racydex, who gasps.

(Flashback)

."Let us all welcome the Keyblade's chosen." Xemnas says. Racydex walked into the circle with Axel behind her. They both looked up at Xemnas as he gazed down at her, smiling.

(Present time).

The figure looked up at Racydex and stared at her. Racydex let out a slight gasp as they made eye contact with each other. Racydex narrates that day "After seven days of clinging to a number and a name, I had trouble processing anything else. I couldn't have told you who the people in black coats were, or what they wanted with me.".

--Racydex's Diary Entry: Day 7--

It's been a week since I got here. Saïx told me to keep a diary, but he said nobody would check it. What am I supposed to write about? Today they told us to go to the Round Room, where we met our new member, No. XIV. Was I like that when I first got here? I think I was. But I don't remember too well. If I had remembered my whole life, who was I?