Chapter Eleven: Xen's Keyblade returned

~ Day 96 ~

Xen's Keyblade

(The World That Never Was)

Racydex started off her day walking into the Grey Area for her next mission, hoping it would be with Xen. As she entered the room, they was greeted by Xen himself. "Hey, Racydex" Xen greets. "Morning', Xen." Racydex greets. "Ready for another day?" Xen asks. "Yep." Racydex says. Saïx approached the duo and gave them some troubling news. "Racydex, Xen, I need you on separate missions today." Saïx says. The two teens were shocked to hear this."What?!" The duo says in shock."Why?" Xen asks. "Two major Heartless targets have surfaced in two separate worlds. Racydex, you take Beast's Castle. Xen, you go to Agrabah." Saïx says."But how can I... Never mind." Xen says. Axel, who was leaning his back against the wall with his arms crossed next to entrance, overheard the argument and walked over to help his friends out. "Whoa, you're gonna send Racydex to Beast's Castle? I dunno... I was just there yesterday for recon, remember? I saw the Heartless you're talking about. You don't want to pit Racydex against that that. Not by herself." Axel says. "If I send these two to the Beast's Castle, who's going to handle the Heartless in Agrabah?" Saïx asks. "I will." Axel says. "You?" Saïx says raising an eyebrow. "Sure. I'm a big boy." Axel says. "Except you can't collect hearts." Saïx says. "So what? I'll keep the Heartless out of trouble, then Racydex and Xen can hit it another day." Axel says. Racydex asked "Is that okay with you, Saïx?". She was trying to sound hopeful for her friends.

Saïx closed his eyes for a brief moment, growling under his breath. He soon opened his eyes and gazed at the duo and Axel."Very well. I will permit this, but only for today." Saïx says. Saïx turned around and was about to walk away when he turned his head back at the trio."Starting tomorrow, the two of you work solo." Saïx says. "All right." Racydex nodded in understanding. Having said that, Saïx walked away."Well, looks like we've bought ourselves another day. You guys better make it count." Axel says. Xen felt undertrained and said "I dunno about this...". "Thanks, Axel, for having our backs." Racydex says. "No sweat. I'll take care of the Heartless in Agrabah. You guys just deal with the Heartless in the Beast's Castle for today." Axel says. "Right." Racydex says. Racydex stretched her right-hand out infront of her, opening up a dark corridor to the Beast's Castle. The two teens looked back at each other, then walked into the dark portal. Once they were gone, Saïx turned and looked at Axel."Don't think for a minute I didn't believe that." Saïx says. "Believed what?" Axel asks. "That reprehensible performance." Saïx says. "Uh-huh, well... I'd better get over to Agrabah." Axel says. Axel stretched his right-hand out to his side and opened up a dark corridor to Agrabah. He then walked right on in and went to his mission while Saïx watched him go.

(Beast's Castle)

Racydex and Xen all stepped out of the dark corridor, arriving within the Secret Passageway inside the Beast's Castle. The young girl scanned the area and saw that it was clear.Racydex both looked over at Xen, who was still worried about being unable to wield his Keyblade."You alright, Xen?" Racydex asks. "I don't know what I'm gonna do starting tomorrow." Xen says. Xen stretched out his right-hand infront of him and tried to summon his Keyblade. A flash of light shone in his hand for a brief moment, but no Keyblade materialised."It's no use..." Xen sighs in defeat. Racydex was feeling bad for Xen. She wanted to help Xen, but it was like he said. If he couldn't summon the Keyblade anymore, he'll be useless to the Organization and he'll get turned into a dusk. Or worse, destroyed by the First Order.

Racydex stared down at her right-hand, then came up with an idea."Hey, Xen. Think you can wield my Keyblade?" Racydex asks. Racydex stretched her right-hand out infront of her, summoning his Keyblade, in a flash of white light. She then gave her Keyblade to Xen. He took hold of the Keyblade and gave it a swing."Yeah. I think I can." Xen says. "Then you can use mine for today. Maybe it'll help you regain your ability to summon your own Keyblade." Racydex says. "But what about you, Racydex?" Xen asks. Racydex looks down at her hands as she channels white electricity from them. She grips both his hands into fists, causing the electricity to disappear. Then picked up a large stick as backup. "I'll improvise." Racydex says. "Racydex, that's a stick and you just played some magic." Xen says to her. "Hey, you managed without the Keyblade. You think I'm not up to it? Just take it. It's fine." Racydex says shrugging her shoulders like it was no big deal. She then lifted up her right-hand and opened it up, which made a white electric orb appear hovering in her palm. Then levitated a small rock with her left hand. "Besides, I've got some magic to spare." Racydex says. She lowered both her hands and the electric orb disappeared, while the small rock fell to the ground. "Okay, if you're sure. Thanks, Racydex." Xen says with a slight smile. Racydex nodded her head to Xen."Alright. Let's go find this Heartless." Racydex says.