Chapter Four: Racydex's and Axel's new companion

~ Day 24 ~

Silence Broken

(The World That Never Was)

Racydex walked into the Grey Area and saw Xen hanging around Demyx and Xigbar as they were talking. Demyx sat on one of the couches while Xigbar sat in the other one across from him. Xen just stood nearby, listening to their conversation. "This place is, like, a hundred times better minus all the bossy coworkers, am I right?." Demyx says. "Bossy coworkers?" Racydex asks. "Those bossy coworkers sent to Castle Oblivion. The 'Dream Team'. Dreamy for me 'cause they're gone!" Demyx says. Racydex says "Oh....". "Too bad you and Little Buddy didn't get to spend more quality time with them." Xigbar says. "Little Buddy ? Who's that?" Racydex asks. "I'm talkin' about Xen, kiddo. Who else?" Xigbar says. "Kiddo? My name's not "kiddo. Xigbar." Racydex says. Saïx walks up to Racydex, interrupting the conversation."Racydex, get to work. You and Xen are to execute another mission today." Saïx says. "Yes, Saïx." Racydex says nodding her head in understanding. Racydex looks over at Xen and says "Let's go.". The two nobodies left to enter a dark corridor, as they followed Saïx to start their mission. The group separates and Xigbar sits in the chair near Luxord. Xigbar reminded "We sent a total of six members over to Castle Oblivion. That's about half our number." Luxord said "No use fretting the absence of others. They simply lose this round by no-show." Demyx sits on a separate couch playing his sitar, while Saïx stands at the window. Demyx said "I love days when Larxene is out. I can sit around playing sitar...instead of Gopher! Plus she doesn't get to boss around the squirt." Saïx opens the dark corridor for the two nobodies, allowing them to enter.

(Twilight Town)

Racydex and Xen walk out of a dark corridor and arrive in the Back Alley in Twilight Town. Their mission today was to hunt down a group of Heartless called Deserters. They begin their search heading down the stairs to the Sandlot. And almost immediately, they find a large group of Deserters in the Sandlot, scurrying around like rats, Racydex summoned her Keyblade and she leapt into action. Though they were fast, the Heartless were easy to defeat. She tried to swing her Keyblade at a Deserter, but it quickly darted away from her. Again, she tries to strike another one with her Keyblade, but it sped away from her. "Damn! These things are fast!" Racydex says. Eventually, after moments of trying, the trio manage to anticipate the movements of the Heartless and attack. Racydex brought her Keyblade down on one Deserter, slicing it in half. Another Deserter tried to kick her from the left, but she leapt away and countered with a right slash. Racydex targeted another Deserter and tossed her Keyblade at it with a vertical toss. The Keyblade flies into the Deserter's chest, the blade stabbing through it's body.Racydex slices through a Deserter with an upward slash, then goes through another Deserter with a downward slash. One Deserter tried to kick him from behind, but Racydex quickly took notice and leapt away, countering the attack with a swipe of her Keyblade.

Xen aimed his right-hand at a Deserter and shot a fireball straight at it. The fireball hits the Heartless with direct impact, blasting it into oblivion. Xen targeted another Deserter and shot another fireball from her hand, destroying it as well. It took the duo a while to deal with the Heartless. With every Deserter they bring down, another one replaces it. But regardless of how many Heartless there were, they stood firm and continued to slay each and every one. After minutes of fighting, Racydex finished off the last Deserter by cleaving her Keyblade down on it, destroying the Heartless right on the spot. "Huh! Good riddance. I hate those things." Racydex sighs, after she de-summoned her keyblade. She turned and looked back at Xen. "Alright. That does it for today. Let's get going." Racydex says. Having defeated the Deserters, the duo headed back up to the Back Alley. Racydex stretched his right-hand out and opened a dark corridor back to the castle. Then, she turned to face Xen. "I've got someplace to be again today, so go on ahead without me, Xen." Racydex says. She walk past Xen, heading for the clock tower at Station Heights. But just as she past him, she heard a voice. "R...Racydex...." it said."Huh?" Racydex says baffled. She turn around and saw that the voice came from Xen. After all these days of silence, Xen finally spoke, and asked "What did you say?". Xen faces her, and said "Your name...it's...Racydex, isn't it?". "Yeah, Xen......That's right.". Xen stared at the girl for a while, then walked into the dark corridor, returning to the castle.