Chapter Twenty-Nine: The Longest Day

~ Day 255 ~

The Longest Day

(The World That Never Was)

Another four weeks pass as Racydex and Xen continue with their daily missions for the Organization. Sometimes teaming up with their dark allies or assisting them in their villainous schemes. Xen told Racydex of his nightmare and that he saw Supreme Leader Snoke tormenting him. This shocked Raycdex of how could Supreme Leader Snoke would do such a monstrous thing. Thinking they should tell Axel and Xemnas, however they realised Xemnas would dismiss the speculation. But also cause Axel to worry about him, or make him paranoid about their alliances with the First Order, HYDRA and other empires. Throughout their missions across the worlds, there had been no sightings of any disturbances anywhere and affecting them.

One day, Xemnas met with Saïx and Xigbar in Where Nothing Gathers as they sat in their thrones."I sent Axel to Castle Oblivion last night on short notice, to help expedite the matter we spoke of. I also instructed him to clear out our facilities there. He should RTC soon." Saïx says"And what of Phoenix? Any progress on him?" Xemnas asks. "Still missing, sir." Saïx says. "Ha ha! Where, oh where could he be?" Xigbar chuckles. "Why, Xigbar... It almost sounds as though you know." Saïx says. Xigbar gives the blue-haired Nobody a smirk while he stares at the one-eyed Nobody with a low growl."Continue.....What else?" Xemnas says. "Somebody accessed our main computer without authorization." Saïx says" "Somebody"? Are we all gonna pretend we don't know who? Little buddy is turning into a problem--and I think you catch my meaning. Are you sure it wasn't our guests hacking into our system?" Xigbar says. "Nonsense. I see no problem whatsoever. None of our guests hacked us." Saïx says. Xigbar laughs."Ha ha! Well, no, apparently you don't!" Xigbar says. "Something you find amusing?" Saïx asks "If people see with their hearts, Saïx, then you're even blinder than the rest of us." Xigbar says. "Our plans remain unchanged. Axel, Racydex, and Xen will play the roles Kingdom Hearts has chosen for them." Xemnas says. "But sir, Xen... If we don't take steps--" Saïx says

"Take steps? How can you not see how perfect this is? Xen is marching right into the arms of destiny. The only steps we need take are two: watch...and wait." Xemnas says.

(Meanwhile)

Xen secretly travels to Castle Oblivion and opens up the doors of the mysterious castle. He had many questions about the truth of his existence and he was hopeful that the answers he seeked lied somewhere deep within the walls of this castle. Xen steps inside and walks through the entrance hall, gazing around at the white marble room. He stops halfway in the hall and looks around at the walls. Suddenly, Xen clutches his head with both hands, whimpering in pain."Ngh! My head... It hurts..." Xen grunts in pain. In that moment, a faint memory enters Xen's mind as he has a flashback.

(Flashback)

Xen sees himself walking through the entrance hall, following Saïx as he leads him out of the castle.

"This is the last you will ever see these walls, Xen." Saïx says

(Present time)

Overwhelmed by the memory and the pain, Xen falls down on one knee, still clutching his head with his right-hand. As he fought against the pain, Xen heard footsteps approaching him. He looked up and was surprised to see Axel standing infront of him. Why was he here? "Axel...? What are you doing here...?" Xen asks, while looking at Axel. "Orders. Nothing to do with you. I'm not sure what you thought you'd find in an empty place like this." Axel says. "Don't lie to me! I know this is where I come from! The answers are here." Xen exclaims in anger. "Weren't you given some other mission?" Axel asks, while shocked at Xen's outburst. Xen stares at Axel in silence, then glances down at the floor, looking away. "You can't just throw orders to the wind, Xen. Don't be selfish." Axel says. "Or else what? They'll turn me into a Dusk? Be target practice for the First Order Stromtroopers?" Xen asks in a cold tone glancing back up at Axel. "Not even a Dusk, or target practice. They'll skip right past that and destroy you outright." Axel says. Axel lowers down and offers his left-hand to Xen to help him up, but he helps himself up and rises back on his feet. "And is that because I'm useless?" Xen asks. "No, I didn't say that, plus that's not even it." Axel says. Xen moves past Axel to continue on down the hall.