Chapter Thirty-Six: A Heart's Resolve

~ Day 353 ~

Resolve

(The World That Never Was)

Axel walked up along a flight of stairs in the castle when he noticed Saïx standing at the top. "Looks like you've meddled again." Saïx says. "Sorry, did you say something?" Axel asks. "We don't need them both. Just one of them. And pretending won't change it." Saïx says stepping down towards the red-haired Nobody, stopping on his left Axel looks away, grunting under his breath."Think about that." Saïx says. After saying that, Saïx walks away, leaving Axel by himself.

(Moments later)

Axel, Xen, and Xigbar were conversing with Saïx in the Grey Area. Obviously, they were preparing to head out for their mission, but it was strange that the three of them were paired up together. Xen's hood is covering his face once again. "Well, here's an unlikely trio. Me, Xigbar, and Xen?" Axel says. "Heh. Worried I might slow you down?" Xigbar says amused."Course not. Touchy, touchy... It's just not every day we get to go for a stroll with number II himself" Axel says. Axel looks over at Xen on his left."Ain't that right, Xen?" Axel asks."Yeah." Xen says. Racydex enter the room and they saw Axel and Xen with Xigbar. Why were they paired up with him? Curious as to what was going on, the girl went over and approached them. "Hey, you three are teamed up for the day?" Racydex asks. "You have your own mission, Racydex." Saïx says. "I can't trade with Xigbar or something?" Racydex asks, unsure of Xigbar going on a mission with Xen. "What an extraordinarily childish notion. Do you need Axel to walk you everywhere now?" Saïx says. Racyedx wanted to say something, but she dismisses it with a sighs."No...I didn't-- Never mind" Racydex says. She clearly understood why she wanted to switch places with Xigbar. She just wanted to be with her friends. Racydex looks over at Xen and notices that he had his hood up, covering his face. The young teen felt confused. Why did Xen have his hood up? Was he trying to hide something? Xigbar opened up a dark corridor and went on ahead. He was soon followed by Axel and Xen. Racydex watched her two friends set out for their mission with a sense of unease. Especially after what she had learned during their ordeal the day before."They can handle their mission. You hurry up and see to your own. Today's mission requires that you go solo." Saïx says. Having said that, Saïx walks away, heading elsewhere in the castle. Racydex entered the dark corridor, setting off for her assigned mission to Twilight Town to eliminate multiple giant Heartless. Luckily she had her DuoTone and Axel's Fire Gem with her, Scorcher, Rojo and Ripples assisted her in her mission.

(Wonderland)

Xigbar jumps back as he was now in a fight with Xen. After the cruel trick by the Organization, the First Order and their partners with other criminal empires. The young teen felt that it was time to leave and this was his chance. He couldn't risk hurting Racydex or anyone else. "Ha ha! Talk about a blast from the past!" Xigbar says. Xen stood against Xigbar with his Kingdom Key in his hands while Axel stood on the side, watching the whole thing. "Cut it out, Xen!" Axel orders. Xigbar summons his two Arrowguns and stares at Xen. "Of all the faces... Why do I look at him and see yours?" Xigbar asks. In Xigbar's eyes, Xen took the form of Ventus, one of the missing Keyblade Wielders. "Do you always have to stare at me like I just drowned your goldfish?" Xigbar asks. "Shut up!" Xen yells. Xen starts to run toward Xigbar and instantly disappears. Xigbar looks around for Xen, but he soon reappears infront of him, catching him off guard, and strikes him down with a left uppercut slash. Xigbar yells out in pain and falls to the ground. With Xigbar down for the count, Xen de-summons his Keyblade and turns to Axel. "Axel, I'm sorry." Xen apologizes. "Have you flipped your lid? What are you doing?" Axel asks. "Please... let me go. I have to do this, or else... Just look." Xen says. Xen pulls back his hood, causing Axel to gasp in surprise. He then puts his hood back up. "Please, Axel. You have to take care of Racydex, don't worry about our dragons, they'll be safe." Xen says. "But how are you...gonna..." Axel says. "Please!" Xen pleads. Axel sighs and motions her to leave, gesturing his head to the right. "Thank you, Axel." Xen says. Xen stretches his left-hand out to his side, opening up a dark corridor. The young teen runs off into it while Axel watches him go.