Chapter Sixteen: Fear/Meeting with criminal empires

~ Day 150 ~

Fear

(The World That Never Was)

Racydex was walking up a staircase, feeling a lot better from the medical treatment she was given by the hospital. Ever since she had her blood drained by A.I.M scientists, they had to double their security over her. But she assured them, that she was fine and didn't need protection. Understanding her requests, they respected to her terms. Days earlier, she and Axel gave their dragons some medicine and went for a fly around the town. To clear their heads from recent events. Xen was still recovering from his mission, a flashback appeared to him. A cloaked figure appears. The Keyblade is thrown to the ground. Xen calls out in silence. The brown-haired girl tosses the Keyblade apathetically. The cloaked figure removes its hood and is revealed to be the brown-haired girl. Beside her was a purple, black and sparkling wyvern dragon overlooking him. She wears a blindfold, concealing her eyes. Racydex was still walking, passing by stormtroopers and other soldiers patrolling the castle. She saw Xen and Saïx up ahead. "Just give me another chance!" Xen begs. "We can't afford to expend anymore chances with you. You were a mistake we never should've made." Saïx says. Saïx walks off to his duties while Xen stood there, looking down. "Xen?" Racydex says confused as to what she had seen. "Is everything alright?" Racydex asks. Xen looked the girl with an upset look clear on his face. He looks away and says nothing, then he hastily descends down the stairwell without even bothering to look at her. "Wha-? Xen! Wait! What's wrong?!" Racydex calls out. Raycdex just watched in sadness and concern for him, as she watched Xen continue his descent. Passing by the soldiers and the scientists in the castle.

(Moments later)

Racydex enter the Grey Area, ready to receive her orders for her next mission. She saw Saïx, Axel, and Xaldin in the room, but not Xen. "Xen's not here. Whatever Saïx say to him, must have hurt him deeply. He must be here somewhere in the castle and I hope he doesn't run into that jerk demigod Luke Castellan." Racydex whispered to herself. Feeling very worried for him. Looking across the balcony, watching soldiers on patrols or commanders giving out orders. Waking out of her daze, she approached Saïx to be given her mission of the day. "Racydex, you are to head to the Beast's Castle with Xaldin and eliminate a Heartless that has surfaced there." Saïx says. "You are my charge for the day. We leave once you've prepared." Xaldin reminded her. This made Racydex rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Didn't take 'em long to give me more work. Where's my vacation? Sheesh." Axel complained. "Stop complaining Axel, I just finished recuriting more newborn vampires to the cause." Victoria said, as she entered the grey room. While washing the blood off her hands. Racydex freaked out a little, but kept her posture. While she left with Xaldin to tend to her mission she was focused on her daily duty, but she couldn't keep her mind off Xen. The look he gave her early that morning told her something was wrong. Whatever happened to Xen during his last mission probably didn't end so well. And it was enough for Saïx to give up on him and toss him aside like yesterday's trash. One way or another she will find out what happened and she would do all she can to help Xen.

(Beast's Castle)

Racydex and Xaldin step out of a dark corridor just outside the castle in the the courtyard. "I intend to make this quick. Don't drag your heels, Racydex." Xaldin says. The young teen said nothing and simply nods her head in acknowledgement. The two Nobodies enter the castle through the large doors and proceed into the entrance hall. Before they could move toward the stairs in-front of them, they were greeted by a Gigas Shadow along with two smaller Shadows and two Possessors."Hmph... Weaklings. Come, Racydex. We'll end them here." Xaldin says. Racydex and Xaldin both summoned their weapons and got into battle stance as they faced off against the Heartless. The two Shadows made the first move by sinking into the floor and slinking their way toward Racydex and Xaldin. Once they closed in on their targets, the Shadows emerged from the floor. But before they could initiate their attack, the young teen quickly dispatched both Heartless with a swing of her Keyblade. Up next were the Possessors. Xaldin made short work of them by swirling his lances around him, blowing away the Heartless with a powerful gust of wind.