Chapter Fourteen: Work to Do for Organization XIII

~ Day 119 ~

Work to do

(The World That Never Was)

The vacation was over and Organization XIII was back to their daily missions. Including their guests who still remained in the castle, planning the next course of their terrorist plot. Racydex entered the Grey Area and saw Xaldin, Luxord, and Xigbar in the room. Saix stood by the large window as usual, ready to give her usual missions. "Well, time to get back to work. Let's go see what my mission is for the day." Racydex says to herself. Xaldin looked at Racydex and asked "Are you training? Daily effort is the only path to strength." Luxord suggested "Have you been customising your weapons? A smart player knows how to adapt his game to suit the house rules. Axel's whereabouts? I have no clue." Despite the questions Xaldin and Luxord asked her, she walked over to Saïx. "Racydex, here is your mission for today" Saïx says. Racydex nodded her head in acknowledgement, as Saïx continued his talk. "You will head for the Beast's Castle with Xaldin. We need to learn more about the castle's master." Saïx says. Racydex nods his head, understanding her assigned task. "You both have your mission. Best be on your way." Saïx says. A dark corridor opens up for Racydex and Xaldin. The two Nobodies step into the dark portal and set off on their mission.

(Beast's Castle)

Racydex and Xaldin step out of the dark corridor and arrive inside the Beast's Castle, entering the Entrance Hall."Hmph, still as dark and empty as ever. It's practically a cave. A fitting home for a beast." Xaldin grunts. "The castle's master?" Racydex asks. "You've seen him, haven't you? Every inch a monster." Xaldin says. "So, you've done some exploring here on your own, then." Racydex says. "Yes... I suspect it was some kind of spell that left him in that state." Xaldin says. "A spell?" Racydex asks feeling confused. "The data we've collected suggests that he was human, originally. The exact sequence of events is unclear, but it was a spell that forced him to live as that... thing." Xaldin says. "Wow... That can't be good news. Sounds absolutely horrify, to be forced to be turned into a monster." Racydex says, feeling a tad bit afraid but also sympathy for the Beast. "We're here to analyze, not sympathize. Let's begin our hunt for clues." Xaldin says. "All right." Racydex says. "We'll leave the beast's chambers for later. Let's search the rest of the castle first." Xaldin says. "If you say so Xaldin" Racydex says, as she follows him around the castle. And so, Racydex and Xaldin began their mission, searching for any clues about the Beast.

While searching they find claw marks on a pillar, Racydex copied her hand over the claw marks and stated the obvious what was in front of her and "Claw marks.....same kind that Xen and I found when we came here." Racydex says. Xaldin came over and inspected the claw marks, "Work of the beast's claws, no doubt. He's not what you'd call a tidy fighter, is he? It looks as though he was fighting a losing battle." Xaldin says. Racydex heard something, she followed the voices and stops at a large locked door in front of her, before Xaldin can say anything....."Shh... I hear voices. Somebody's in here." Racydex shushed him, as she tried to listen. "...Master won't even...to Belle..." The voice said in worry. Xaldin listened in too and said ""Master"? Then it must be the servants. Come away, lest you draw any attention.""Understood." Racydex says in agreement, as they move away Racydex finds another door. She felt very curious as to what was behind it. "Hmm..I wonder what's behind Door Number Two...". Just as she about to open it, Xaldin snapped at her "Racydex! We have to keep a low profile, you fool. No more throwing doors open. I won't have it.". Racydex stopped and stepped away from the door in front of her, nodding her head in an understanding manner.

Continuing their investigation, they enter the Courtyard and find very large footprints. Racydex kneeled down and looked at them, and said "Tracks... The beast's footprints. They're not made by any animal or man, not even mutants or aliens with animal features." Xaldin looked and analysed them, then said "He must have battled Heartless here.". Raycdex looked at him and asked "But why would he want to fight them, though? What's in it for him?". "If I had the answers, I wouldn't be here listening to your questions." Xaldin answered her, she narrowed her eyes in annoyance as she stepped off the ground from the tracks. She sees the southern door, then said "This way leads out to some kind of bridge. Then leads to the village on the other side of this world, through the forest." Xaldin looks to her direction of the bridge and said "The only route into the castle... Remember that, Racydex. If a giant Heartless were to attack, it would be through here.". "Okay... But that's kind of a big if." Racydex says, as she looks at him. They later examined a large crack in the tile stones. "Look at the way the stones have been kicked up. Another sign the beast fought the Heartless?" Racydex says. "And also a sign that his power far exceeds anything I anticipated... Perfect." Xaldin says, as a small smile appears on his smug face.