Chapter Thirty-Eight: Tears of Light and Sorrow

~ Day 357 ~

Tears

(Twilight Town)

In Twilight Town, Hayner, Pence, and Olette are running once again. Hayner stops and turns to them. Pence is trying to catch his breath. "Pence! Olette! What's the matter?" Hayner asked. "Slow down, Hayner..." Olette says. "You know the rules! Last one there buys ice cream!" Hayner says. "What!? Not this again!" Pence says. "If you don't want to shell out, I suggest you get running!" Hayner says. They start to run again, Racydex was now in Twilight Town after watching the three teens race. I guess...not all friendships fall apart. ...Maybe I'll stop by the clock tower. Seems as good a place as any..." Racydex says. She walks to the Station Plaza and finds the Moogle there. "I couldn't let you leave the castle alone, kupo! Your munny always has a place in my pocket, kupo!" Moogle says. Racydex turns around and sees the clock tower. Where she, Axel, Xen, Rojo, Ripples and Scorcher were hang out after their missions while eating sea-salt ice cream, or riding their dragons around town. "The clock tower... I wonder if anybody's up there. I guess I could go take a look..." Racydex says, as she heads to the top of the Clock Tower and she climbs makes his way to the top and sits alone, thinking.

While she was sitting up at the top of the clock tower, staring out at the sunset. Racydex looks down, letting out a sigh. No matter where she looked, she could not find Xen anywhere. Not only that, she could not find any answers about her existence. "Where did I think I could go? What a joke. Everywhere I went, I'm chased away or by the bounty hunters. Something about that guy from the Colossus Station. He wasn't a threat, but said I had her face." Racydex says, while chuckling weakly and buries her face in her arms. As she sat there, she was paid a surprise visit by a hooded figure. It was Xen, who had his hood up, covering his face. Xen walks over and sits down on the ledge next to Racydex. The Keyblade Wielder look over to her left and jumped in surprise when she saw him."Xen!" Racydex exclaimed in surprise.

Xen holds out a Sea-salt ice cream bar and gives it to his friend, which made her smile."Thank you." Racydex says. She took a few bites out of her ice cream. Xen simply just sat silently, not saying a word.

The two friends sat together for a few minutes watching the sunset, until Xen broke her silence and spoke."Racydex...I'm out of time." Xen says. The girl looked at Xen confused. "Huh?" Racydex says. Xen stood up and took off his hood while his friend looked on in shock as if she saw something strange. "Even if I'm not ready...I have to make this choice." Xen says. He places his hands on his chest. "You have poured so many memories into me...given me so much...that I feel like I'm about to overflow. Look at me, Racydex. Who do you see? If you see somebody else's face...a girl's face...then that means I'm almost ready. This puppet will have to play his part. Racydex ..." Xen says

Xen turns to Racydex and she could see his face was different. Instead of the face she was used to seeing, she saw Darcey's face. "... This is her. It's Darcey." Xen says. Racydex was utterly speechless as they stared at Xen with widened eyes. Xen pulled up his hood and steps forward over the ledge. Instead of falling straight down, Xen was walking on air, much to his friend's shock. It was as though he was walking across an invisible floor. After walking a few feet away from the clock tower, Xen turns around to face his friend and stretches his right-hand out to her. "You're next, Racydex. I have to make you a part of me, too.. Don't you see? This is why I was created." Xen says, as dark tendrils move around him.

The dark tendrils and smoke envelop him and he becomes an armored being. He shoots out a hand and causes the world to go black. In that moment, darkness began swirling around Racydex whisking her away.

(Wonderland)

When the darkness lifts, Racydex covers her face until it clears. She opens her eyes and notices she's standing on the floor of Bizarre Room in Wonderland. She looks around and sees an Organization device hovering on the table above.. Ahead of her was Xen, but his appearance had changed. Xen was now wearing some kind of armor on his body. On his head was a red-white helmet with spikes on the top, sides, and back. His body armor was a black, white, red jacket with black-red gloves. The bottom half of his armor was black and gold with golden-white shoes. On his back was a pair of green, white, crimson wings. And in his hands was a golden-black blade. "Now you'll see!" Xen yelled. As she stared at Xen, Racydex felt that somehow Xemnas had gotten to him. She had failed to protect him. However, Raycdex gripped her hands in anger. She would not allowed Xen to be used as a slave any longer. She may have failed to protect Xen from Organization XIII and their criminal/terrosit partners, but she can still save him. Racydex stretches her right-hand out and summons her Kingdom Key in a flash of white grey light. Forced to defend herself, Racydex got into battle stance, as she prepared for her fight against Xen.