Chapter Two: First Missions for Organization XIII

~ Day 8 ~

The icing on the cake

(The World That Never Was)

In the castle, Racydex walked into the Grey Area, which was a lounging area for the Organization members. The room was wedge-shaped, with a giant glass window, where Kingdom Hearts could be seen floating in the distance. There were six couches, three on opposite sides of the room. In the middle of these couches were a single square table. Inside the room was Saïx, who was standing at the window, Zexion, who was sitting on one of the couches, reading his spell book, and the newest member of the Organization, Number XIV, who just stood where he was at the window, away from the others. "Racydex" Saïx calls. She approached Saïx as he called her. "Your work begins today. I will issue missions, which the Organization expects to carry out. Think of these missions as exercises. You still have much to learn before the two of you face the real test. Axel will be joining you for your first time out." Saïx says. Saïx looks over at Axel, who was leaning against the window with his arms crossed."Isn't that right, Axel?" Saïx asks. "Oh, boy... What, are you making me her mentor now?" Axel asks. Axel walks over and Saïx turns to leave, Saïx asks "Surely you don't mind showing young Racydex here the ropes? Racydex, come see me when you're ready to go." Racydex nods in head in obedience. Saïx walks away, leaving Axel and Racydex alone in the room. Axel looks at her and said "Well, you heard the man. Starting today, I'm your babysitter." Racydex says nothing. "Sheesh... Quit acting like a zombie, and let's get this show on the road. Just talk to Saïx over there when you're set to go.".

Racydex walks over to Number XIV, but neither of them say anything. Zexion sits on the couch nearby reading a book. Zexion wonders "Number XIV's name... I wonder if it bears some significance.". Racydex walks over to Saïx, ready to begin her first mission with her mentor. Saïx asked "Are you ready to go?". Racydex replied "Yes, I'm ready for my first mission." Axel walks over, beside her. Saïx told Axel "Teach her well, Axel. It is Lord Xenmas's orders.". Axel smirking and said "Don't worry. I'll be sure she makes the grade. C'mon, Racydex.". The young girl was staring at the new member who just stood at the big window, staring back at them. "What's wrong? You worried about the new kid? What was that name again...?" Axel asks. "Number XIV. Xen." Saïx says. "Right. I knew that." Axel says. "Xen..." Racydex says. "Got it memorized, Racydex?" Axel asks. "Yes..." Racydex says. "Yeah? How 'bout my name, then?" Axel asks gesturing to himself. "It's Axel." Racydex replied. "And how about our boss's name, huh?" Axel asks. "Xemnas..." Racydex replied. "Very good, Racydex! No way you're gonna forget his name, right? Now, let's get moving." Axel says. Axel turned and stretched his right-hand out, opening a dark corridor next to Saïx. Together, Racydex followed her mentor into the dark portal as he led her to begin their first mission.

(Twilight Town)

Axel and Racydex arrived in Twilight Town, stepping out of the dark corridor. Axel walks up the stairs into an archway. Racydex follows after him. Looking around, they found themselves in the subway tunnels."Alright, let's start talking about what we do on missions." Axel says. "What is it that you do?" Racydex asks. "Missons are... uhh... They're, you know... Hrm..." Axel says. Racydex stared at Axel, silently as he tried to explain."You know what? Talking is dumb. Let's just go and get our hands dirty, shall we? There's a chest hidden somewhere in these tunnels. Your mission is to find it." Axel says. "That's it? That's all I have to do?" Racydex asks dumbfounded. "I know, don't hurt yourself. C'mon, let's just get it done. But don't go thinking you can just run and jump your way through every mission. You've gotta BE AWARE." Axel says. "What do you mean?" Racydex asks. Axel replied "You hafta look around. Sometimes what you're after is sitting right under your nose. Got it memorized?". Roxas stuttered "Y...yeah, I think so.". Axel said "All right, let's find that chest." With that, the duo began their mission together, searching the subway for the treasure chest. The mission was pretty much straight forward. While searching through the underground passage and passes through a tunnel blocked by white and black bolts. Racydex looks at it and asks "Axel... What's this?". Axel replied "A barricade. It means you're not supposed to go this way." Racydex asks "You mean there's nothing down there?". Axel replied "Yeah, that's the gist of it. They're set up to keep us on task. That, or out of trouble. I mean, hello, look at it. Big, menacing X? I'll take the beaten path, thanks.". They continued searching as they went through multiple tunnels until they finally found the chest, near exit #5.