58. No One Else

Seb scowled as he watched Lily chatting to Daniel after the drivers briefing had concluded.   She laughed at something the Australian said and Seb scowled even more.  

Since he'd seen the photos of Lily laid back across that Ferrari he'd been unable to get the image out of his mind. Of course it didn't help that he'd taken a screen shot of it and was constantly looking at it.   

What had she been thinking of doing that photoshoot?   Didn't she realise that probably every other driver, and thousands of fans, would be fantasising over her? 

Still, it looked like he didn't have to worry about her dating another driver.  It looked like she'd only gone and gotten herself involved with another bloody footballer. 

Photos had been posted on social media of Lily on holiday in Ibiza, and some of the photos showed her getting up close and personal in a club with some goalkeeper called Rory Forrester.

He'd hoped it was just a one off,  but more photos had appeared another day of them on a boat trip together.  

He knew he had no right to feel jealous.  He'd been there the first one to start a new relationship, even though that was now over, but he couldn't help it.   He didn't want to want Lily.   He still hadn't forgiven her for what she'd done, but his body seemed to be ignoring his head.   As for his heart, he'd been willing to give it to her once, now it wasn't on offer.   He didn't love her any more.  He just wanted to fuck her senseless.  For him no one else could satisfy the fire burning inside him, the fire Lily had ignited. 

He heard her laugh again and wondered what Daniel had said that was so funny. God, she looked even more beautiful when she laughed.

It was good to hear her laughing, after all the shit she'd been through with Liam, he just wished he was the one making her laugh.

He shook his head.  He was getting soft.  He couldn't let her back in.   He couldn't trust her. 

He watched as she ruffled Daniel's hair playfully, and then walked to the exit.

Without thinking it through, he dashed after her, falling into step besides her.

Lily glanced up as she sensed someone beside her. To her surprise she saw Seb walking next to her.

"Sebastian."

"Lily." She hadn't seen him around at media day the day before, so this was the first time she'd seen him since summer break. He looked good, in need of a haircut, but good. Very fucking good. 

"Did you have a nice summer?" she asked.

"Not particularly," he said. He didn't elaborate, and Lily realised he was waiting for her to ask why he hadn't. She decided to humour him.

"Why not?"

"I saw your photos. What on earth were you thinking? Do you have any idea how many men will be fantasising over you? Or is that why you did it? I'm surprised your new boyfriend isn't fuming about it."

Lily laughed. Did he really think she'd done it for attention? She'd done it for herself. It made her feel good and boy, did she need to feel good at the moment.

Since she'd been at Ferrari she'd had as much criticism as she'd had praise. It seemed a lot of the team thought she should learn her place and stay behind Charles. They didn't like it that she was beating "il predestinato".

It was after Baku she'd begun to hear whispers questioning her ability to be a team driver. She'd already noticed the lack of team members greeting her in park ferme, and then she'd overheard Riccardo talking to another mechanic about her, saying she should have never overtaken Charles. She'd expected it from Charles' crew but Riccardo was her engineer.