90. Every Step You Take

"I bet you were so cute when you were little," Seb teased Lily as they sat waiting for dinner to be served. 

"She really was," Joel said from the opposite side of the round table, where he was sat next to Amelia.   "She used to have her hair in pigtails all the time. It used to hang in ringlets where Violet used to tie it in rags each night. She was a right proper little mother hen our Vi.  Normal kids probably practice doing hair on their dolls, Vi used to practice on Lily. Well, until Iris came along."

"Please tell me you have photographs," Seb said.  Lily scowled at him. 

"I shall ask your mother for photos of you," she told him.  

"Heike has a great photo of  him laid naked on a sheepskin rug when he was about six months old," Britta chipped in.  "His little bum sticking up in the air."

Lily laughed as she saw Seb's cheeks turning bright red.   The waiter arrived with their drinks. Lily thanked him as he placed her orange juice in front of her. 

She couldn't wait to stop taking her painkillers so she could have a lovely chilled glass of white wine.   It wouldn't be long.   The pain was getting more bearable by the day, the bruises more colourful.

Soon she would be back to normal, and although she knew the championship was all but gone for this year, she wanted to finish the season on a high.  

She was really looking forward to the new challenge that awaited her at Aston Martin, but she knew she'd really miss the majority at Ferrari. 

Right at that moment she felt happy.   The time between Japan and Austin had been problem free apart from the pain, she'd had no flowers, apart from the large bouquet of red roses Seb had bought her, and no notes. There had been no sign at all of whoever had been sending them.  Hopefully they had tired of it already and would leave her alone.

She felt Seb's hand come to rest on her bare thigh, stroking his fingers up it until he reached the hem of her denim shorts.

They'd made gentle love every day since Sunday, Seb had been amazing and thoughtful and so careful with her. She knew she was the luckiest woman on earth.

She looked around the table at the people there. Seb, Joel, Poppy, Amelia, Pierre, Antti, Luca and Britta. They were the people she was closest to in the world. Granted, she didn't know Britta as well as she did the others, but she hoped that would soon change.

Seb squeezed her thigh and then leant in close to whisper in her ear. "I'm surprised you're hungry after the meal you had in the shower."

Lily swallowed hard and began to breathe a little faster as she thought of how she'd got on her knees for him when they'd been showering just before they'd come out. He'd definitely not been gentle on her there, fucking her mouth hard until he shot his load down her throat.

"So Lily, confident about the weekend?" Pierre asked her, taking a sip of his sparkling water.  

"I guess so.  I like the track.   I've finished sixth and fourth here previously so I'm hoping to get on the podium for sure.  How about you?"

"I'd be happy just to scrape some points.  I'm not certain that will happen.   To be honest with you I cannot wait until next season.    This years car has been difficult to say the least."

"I will miss the people there though," said Poppy.   She was moving to Alpine with Pierre to continue being his press officer.  

"What are you going to do when Seb retires Antti?" Pierre asked. 

"Have a stress free rest!" the Finn said, making everyone laugh.  "Seriously though, I don't know yet.   Maybe I'll go back to Formula 1 one day, but I'm going to take some time out, see my family, do some travelling.   I'm kinda going to miss this German clown for sure."