Chapter Fourteen

RIKER

After a visit of the first floor, Rydel asked us to wait patiently downstairs, around the table of the living room. We wanted to see Ryland, but aparently, he was very tired. We insisted to see him, but Rydel said no, he still could be contagious. We are really excited, and it's difficult to calm down. I'm nervously tapping the table with the tip of my fingers.

"It's awesome here, isn't it?" Ross smiles. It's really cool to see his smile again. He has been down lately, because of Rocky's death, but now that we found our sister and little brother back, he's better. We can still hope that the best could happen, even in this Hell.

"They were really lucky to find this house..."

It's impressive: only on the first floor, there are about 4 bedrooms. A spacious living room with TV( I don't think we will use it), and a big table to eat. A kitchen well equipped, with an oven, a fridge... And another table, but smaller. You can find a bathroom with a shower and a bath, toilets obvioulsy, and a big cellar, where food and weapons are stored, and the big generator. Rydel told me that they can spend a week without fill it with petrol, but now we are 5 , it will probably last less time. But I think that the biggest advantage is that this house is away from the city, in the countryside. No Infected around, there's no danger to stay outside.
This place was probably a family house, where the owners used to go on holidays with their children, cousins, grandchilds... We couldn't have hoped a better place. I would have liked that Rocky was here with us though... Noises of foot steps get me out of my thoughts. I turn around on my chair to see Ryland, shirtless, running toward us, his arms wide opened.

RYLAND

"Oh no,Rydel, pleeease..." I complain hiding myself in my blanket as she opens the curtain, letting the sunlight floods the room, and blinds me at the same time.

"Ryland, you need to get up."

"I don't want to. My head still hurts."

It's not a lie. Okay, actually I'm better since yesterday, but I wanted to stay in my bed. Damn flue... I feel she sits down next to me. She trys to take the blanket out, but I grip it stronger. However, I see she's smiling.

"What?"

"There's a surprise downstairs."

"I don't care, the surprise will wait." I close my eyes to fall asleep again.

"Too bad..." Rydel sighs," Ross and Riker wanted to see you sooo baaad..."

I quickly get up in my bed, going out of my hiding place.

"What?!"

"You heard well."

"You could have told me before!"

I hurriedly stands up and run toward the door, without putting a t-shirt on. I head for the stairs and go down as fast as I can. It better not be a joke, if it is I will get mad at her for the rest of her life.

But I see them, sat down at the table in the living room. I rush toward them, arms wide opened. I think I never smiled that much in my life! My brothers are here! I end up in their arms.

"Gosh you're here guys! It's incredibe! It's..."

Wait. Someone's missing.

"Where's Rocky?" I asks them releasing our hug.

"Rydel haven't told you?" Ross says with a croaky voice, like he's holding back a sob. It's at that moment that I understand.

"Oh..."

I look at my feet, and bite my lips. Rocky is... Well it won't be the same. Riker takes me in his arms as tears run down my cheeks.

"We're sorry Ryland..." Ross joins the group hug.