CHAPTER 4

ROCKY

"What's got into you? What's your fucking problem?" I yell at my little brother. He only glares at me, and it  makes me want to bang him against the wall so bad, which I do. I lift him up by the shoulders, and flatten him again against the wall. His head limply bounces on the hard surface. He hisses in pain, and I regret what I did, for a only a short moment though. He doesn't quit looking at me this way, and anger gets the upper hand.

"Let me go!" He struggles, but I strengthen my grip.

"Answer Ross! You've nearly been killed, you want to die? Is that it?"

"Rocky!"

I turn around, and my eyes land on a pissed Riker. He is still standing next to Infected that attacked Ross, and that he shot. He shakes his head at me, clearly disappointed by my attitude. He doesn't add anything, but you have to be stupid to not get what he wants.

"You're a moron, you know! A fucking selfish moron!" I shout again as I throw Ross away by the collar of his t-shirt.

My brother loses his balance and stumbles. He rubs the back of his head once he properly stand, where he probably got hit again when I banged him against the wall, and sends me a death glare. Dry blood is sticking at his temple. We would fight, if it wasn't for Riker staring at both of us in silence. The tension between us has never been that heavy.

"Call me a moron again, and you'll see." That's it, he's spoiling for a fight. Unluckily for him, I can't hold myself back any longer. I growl as I get to him, with clenched fists. Riker forestalls me though, and gets between us. He shoved his hand on my chest.

"For god's sake, would you two stop? Rocky, don't come nearer, and Ross, don't provoke him."

"Don't tell me you're not mad about what he did!"

"You don't know shit Rocky!" Ross protests.

"Hey, stop for a second and listen." Riker turns his head at me, and then at Ross." Yes, I'm mad. Ross, you broke one of the most important rules, and got us worried. We've been looking for you all day, what were you thinking?" Ross opens his mouth slightly, and ends up bowing his head in shame. Riker has this effect on him that I don't have.

"I... I just..."

"Nevermind, we don't have time for that. We must head back to the bunker before it's too late. Where is your backpack, by the way?"

"Somewhere near the bunker. It'd be on our way." Ross answers.

"And he is reckless on top of that. You never leave your backpack."

"Rocky, quit it seriously." Riker shakes his head at me, before he moves. He doesn't appreciate my attitude, but the look Ross do is priceless. The latter is so close to flip  me off, but unlike me, he doesn't want to disappoint our big brother.

We eventually start following Riker, who exited the street already, but Ross deviates before we can join him. My curious side surfaces, and I involuntarily stop on the spot. Ross bends over, and take hold of his knife that is on the floor, but also something next to it. It looks like a book. A look of surprise crosses his face when he gets back and notices I'm waiting for him, but it's soon replaced by a glare.