Chapter 38

ROSS

"Okay Ross, we need to treat this so I'll take you to the infirmary, okay?I'm Heather by the way." The girl who I know as Heather now introduces herself as we go out of the common room. I just nod supporting on her shoulder and let her guide me. I can't help but whine when we're going toward the staircase. Things will get worse if I climb up. The pain is shooting in my thigh, and however I try to forget it, I don't succeed.

"Sorry, we need to go to the first floor." Heather says sadly, a pout on her face. Well at least it's only a floor. I nod and glance at my wound. The jeans I'm wearing are hiding it, that's why I dare to look to be honest, but the dry blood sticks to my skin and it's unpleasant. If I have to go up to stop this, nevermind I'll do it.

I haven't really leaned on my right leg so far, so when I set foot on the first stair, I bite my lip to prevent me from screaming. I repeat the same movements , under Heather's encouragements, to upstairs. Once we arrive, I'm breathless and sweating due to all the efforts I've made. I'm ready to cry because it's throbbing even more than before now, but I hold everything in. Heather gives me a reassuring smile, and lead me to a flat, which I guess is unoccupied.

Once we're in, I realize this flat is actually a little infirmary made in the living room, the largest room. There are beds, and sleves with plenty of medical stuffs.

"Did it stop bleeding?" Heather asks as she leads me to one of the bed.

"I don't think so..." I answer glancing down to see the blood stain has spread even more.

"Okay then, I'll take some compresses, take off your pants and lay down." Heather makes for one of the drawer.

"Wha- what?" I can't help but stutter. I was about to sit and it took me out of guard. It's not every day a girl you barely met ask you to take off your pants. I feel my cheek redden from embarrasement. Heather turns around and notices I'm still standing gaping.

"I won't see the wound if you keep them. And hey, it's okay you know, it's not like I never saw a boy in boxers. Nothing new."

Okay, so it's exactly what you need to say if you want to make me blush even more. Especially that she looks older than me, I think she's 22 or something. I'm pretty sure she said this to make me more comfortable, but it didn't really work.
Heather sighs, walks toward me and hands me some medicine that I take.

"It's some pain killers. Don't worry if you feel dizzy or if you even pass out. They're pretty strong." I bring the medicine to my mouth and swallow them as Heather go back to the shelf.

"I'll turn around if you want." A frown appears on my face, but I soon realise what she is talking about. I'd like to say it's not necessary to not embarrasing myself more than I am already, but she has turned around anyway, rummaging through medical stuffs.

She's right actually. If I can't see it, she won't neither. So that's why I end up taking my pants off, wincing at every move. The dry blood is sticking on my skin and I can't do anything about the stinging sensation.

Heather finishes to take everything she needed as I lay down. I decide to stare at the ceiling, hands crossed on my stomach. I don't really want to see the cut in my thight, I can already feel the blood leaking slowly on my knee and it's enough for me.
Heather puts the things at the foot of the bed, goes take a chair and place it beside me. She makes a weird face as she sits down. I guess she saw how my leg looks.

"It may be more serious than I think, it didn't stop bleeding yet." She looks at me sadly as I feel something being press against my thight. I wince and close my eyes.

"Sorry, are you okay?" I can hear the worry in her voice. I just met her, and yet she seems really genuine. She's worrying about me, and it reassures me in a way. I know she'll do everything she needs to help me.