Chapter Seventeen

I just wrote this chapter and that's why it's bad😂✌️ but I wanted to post so yeah😁...
************************
ROCKY

"Rocky, the Canteen close in less than a hour, you need to get up, now."

I grumble hiding myself under the sheets.

"How did you come in?"

"It's not the question." Maddy answers." Get up lazy, or we're gonna be late for class."

Her revelation makes me go out of my hiding place.

"For class?!" I exclaims." Are you serious?!"

She wants to laugh, I can tell.

"Suurpriiise!" She giggles shaking her hands.

I decide to sit at the edge of my bed. I see my desk and remember the notebooks and pens it countains.

"You have 10 minutes okay? We'll be waiting for you downstairs with Ethan."

Maddy is about to leave, but she stays at the door.

"Oh, come on Rocky, you won't get mad at me for the rest of your life, will you?" She smiles at me.

"See you later."

"You're not funny. Don't forget your notebooks."

She smirks at me and closes the door. I let myself fall on my bed.

It's the end of the world and they make us go in class.

God dammit.

*******

"You haven't shown me this yesterday." I notice seeing the grey building in front of us.

"Told you, it was a surprise."

"What a wonderful surprise. Really."

We have eaten and now we're going to class. I still can't believe it. It must be a joke.

"We will stay cultivated thanks to this." Ethan says.

"Why? I'm 20! Do you really think math will help us when we will be against an Infected? I don't need lessons. And I'm done with that for a long time."

Maddy stops, stares at me and raises a questioning eyebrow.

"What's a vector?"

"I... Hum... I don't know. But it will come back to me soon enough." I add seeing a smirk appearing on her face.

"You'll see, it's not that bad." Maddy smiles opening the door." And Mrs Hill is very nice."

"We only have one teacher?"

"She'll explain you."

I look around. There are several rooms on each side of the corridor. The building seems bigger when you're inside.

"There's a room with computers and one with books, like a little library. Everyone can come in these ones, but you have to use another door. Classrooms are for students." Ethan explains me showing me the affected rooms.

"Here we are guys!"

Maddy opens the door, and I see a old lady who is tidying her desk up.

"Oh, here you are! Don't stay here, take a seat." She frowns when she sees me, but smiles again.

"You must be Rocky. Welcome in our class."

"How do you know?"

"Maddy told me about you."