Chapter 50 ()

Warning. This chapter is as useless as the previous one😅.

••••

ZAYN

I decided to take my courage in both, for once in my life.

I was laying on my bed, thinking about all the bad things I've done. This is basically what I always do when I'm bored. It's not very productive, and in general, it reduces my self-esteem.

Of course, Ethan was on the top of my list.

To be honest, I still don't know why I acted this way. I ruined all my chances with him. I know personally I would never want to deal with someone who did what I've done, unlike him. I don't know, he seemed cooler about it lately. Or maybe he's just pitying me, poor closeted gay too afraid to tell his own father, while he completely assume his sexuality. I don't see how he would truly forgive me. I insulted him, worst, I hit him. Jealousy and fear blinded me.

So that's why I'm heading toward the community center right now, where he gives music lesson. I won't mope around all my life, I need to make up to him. Try everything to have my chances, as tiny as they may be.

But I have to admit that the rush of confidence that made me get out of the bed and roam in the almost dark atmosphere outside is becoming more and more scarce as I approach.

I gulp when I push open the door of the building, but continue with a firm step. Normally, he is alone at this hour. Not that I stalk him or anything. I just know his schedule. I swear I'm not a weirdo.
Music is being played loud. Some rock stuffs. It's when I'm closer I recognise it as I love Rock'n roll by I don't remember who. Luckily, no one lives around. The dormitories and houses are further. I'm not sure they could have slept, and complains would have been frequent. Too bad for him, it's not the first time I hear him listen to his music this wat. He likes doing so a lot.

I halt at the door leading to the room where the stage is, and discreetly look through the little square window in the middle. Thanks God it's been here.

Ethan is on the stage, sat at the drum kit, black cables connected to amplis and other materials I can't name. As I hoped, he's alone. And honestly, I think he makes the most of this solitude moment, hitting  the bass drum at the pace of the song.

He sings along with the last words, and jumps from the stage to make for a table, where his IPod is, turned on with the speakers around the room. He frowns as he skips a few songs, and a smile lights up his face when he eventually find the good one. A famous guitar riff echoes from everywhere, noiser than before. He turned up the volume.

Ethan's cute, can sing and play a lot of instruments, but for sure, he can't danse. Like... Not at all. But it's funny. It makes him more adorable, in my opinion in any case. Most of the people would find this ridiculous, embarrassing even. But I don't care what people would say. This is the kind of little things that made me have a massive crush on him in the first place.

"I was born long ago! I am the chosen I'm the one!" He starts screaming from the top of his lungs, not caring about the fact he sings out of tune. He jumps everywhere, and pretends to play the guitar riff whenever it can be heard.

"Are you gonna go my way!"

He shakes his head, and does strange arm gestures not coordinated at all, a bright smile on his lips. I chuckle at the sight.
I don't really know for how long I watch without daring to interrupt. To tell the truth, I don't want to. He looks so happy.

It's before someone yells on my back. I jump and quickly turn around, my cheek redden from embarrasment. I feel like a kid who got caught doing something forbidden.