Chapter Ten

ROCKY

I finally manage to open my eyes. I'm laid down in a bed with white sheets, like the walls. There is a drip next to me, linked to my forearm and a machin which is making a regular beep. I notice the brunette sat at the end of the bed. I blink several time, to be sure I'm not dreaming. She smiles.

"Woaw, you're finally awake. "

"What hap..."

I try to sit up straight on my elbows, but immediatly stop and wince. My wound.

"Where I am?" I manage to ask her.

"Too long to explain. And it's not my job anyway. "

"What do you mean?" I ask , perplexed.

"I told you, too long to explain."

She stands up and takes a metal brochure hung up to my bed. She is kinda cute, actually.

"Can you give me your name and age?"

"Rocky Lynch, 20. " She laughs a bit.

"Okaaay, you remember your name. So you're not amnesiac." She takes a pen out of her jeans and writes something down on her brochure.

"I'm Madison. But you can call me Maddy." She smiles.

"It's pretty." She laughs again.

"Thank you. Rocky, on a scale from 1 to 10, how does it hurt now?"

"Don't know, maybe 3-4..." She writes something down.

"Are you a nurse?" I ask. She seems young to do this, and it's intringuing me. She looks at me with her brown eyes.

"Technologically, yes. I'm among the only ones who has basis in medicine. I've started my studies. But I'm only 21, so I'm not really a nurse, I just help. "

"Oh okay..."

Woaw, she must be very good. Wait... She said "among the only ones"... That mean we are not alone.
I'm about to ask her, but she cuts me off.

"So Rocky, I think you need 2 or 3 days of rest. Then you will be able to stand up. "

She hangs back the brochure on my bed.

"And Rocky, you really should go to the hairdresser of the camp... " She says pointing at my hair , which has been cut in mess.

I start laughing but immediatly stop, it's hurting again.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to..."

"No, it's okay, don't worry... Maddy. If I have this haircut, it's because..."

"Shhh don't tell me anything! You're going to tell everything to Davis!"

"But..."

"I'd like to know more about you, Rocky, but it's the rules. "She sighs. "You're new, nobody knows you. You will be questioned"

"You mean... Interrogated? Like in the movies with the copes and everything?"

Interrogated, woaw... It's a bit strong, no? I'm getting stressed.

"Don't worry, it's not that bad, only a few questions and then, they will assign a new room to you ."She says, like she read in my thoughts.

Then she comes closer to the door and opens it. However, she stops.

"Sleep a bit, you need it. I will be back later, tell me if you need something." She smiles again. Then she leaves. Woaw. That was... It seems unreal. I stare at the ceiling.

Sooo... If I understood well, I'm in a camp, like a survivor camp. They must be quite numerous, because they have a boss, rules, and this little hospital... But am I still in L.A? And why did they save me, how ?
I will get my answers in 3 days, that's what Maddy told me. I need to rest.

But still, 3 days it's long...

I sigh and close my eyes.

Woaw so sorry for this😂 it's the worst chapter I have ever written ( according to me😂). Sorry it's short but I wanted to write a chapter with only Rocky's POV, and I was not really inspired for this chapter.
Well hope you liked it :)