The New Guy

Ellie POV
"Hey guys as much I love two. Can you stop flirting with each other," I said.

My best friends soon stop and immediately apologize to me but I didn't mind. It can be annoying sometimes, when you are the only friend while your friends have a boyfriend or girlfriend.

"Anyways, I heard that the general is giving us a mission today," Charles said.

"I hope we are separated," I said.

"No reasons to be bitter, Reddy, Henry said.

We all got up and walked toward to the general's tent. And even from a far distance, I can hear the lovebirds flirting again and snickering. When we finally arrived, I saw a familiar person next to General Galeforce but I don't know.

"Ready for duty sir," Charles said.

"Thanks Charlie but that won't be necessary."

"So no getting dirty," I said.

"Absolutely not. Meet our newest soldier, Ben Snake."

Wait Ben Snake? I know he have a weird last name. But why does?

"Wait Ellie Rose? Is that you?," Ben said.

Henry and Charles looked shock but I finally realized him.

"Well nice to see Benny is back," I joked.

"Hey, we agreed you won't called me that in public."

We started laughing while the others look confused.

"Um... how do you two know each other?," Charles said.

"Oh sorry. He's my first best friend before you two," I said.

"Until I moved away for college and this little missy decided to commit some crimes," Ben said.

"Hey!? Shut it you!?"

"Then why are you in the military?," Henry said.

"I was in the marine military diversion when I was moved due to work reasons," Ben said.

"Good because I need an another friend to suffer with me with the it couple," I said.

I instantly hugged Ben and he accepts it. Henry kind of look jealous but Charles was glad for me. General Galeforce cleared his throat and we let him continue.

"Anyways, you three will be his trainers for the next few weeks if you have trouble, then I'll get new trainers."

"Oh that won't be necessary sir," Charles said.

Galeforce nodded and went back in his tent while Ben did a few stretches.

"So what's first?"

"Ten laps around the base," Charles said.

"TEN LAPS!?!"

"Military is hard in case you forgot," Henry said.

Ben soon started running and I grins at his "workout." Henry took a quick notice as Charles nudged my shoulder as he starts the timer. Couple minutes later, Ben came back out of breathe, sinks to the ground.

"19 minutes and 50 seconds. Good job but we worked on your speed," Charles said.

"T-thank... you," Ben said, exhausted.

I gave some water to Ben as Henry helped him up. Ben seems thankful as we guide him to the cafeteria. I grab a few snacks and brought them over to the boys. I sat right next to Ben while Henry and Charles sat on the other side.

"So Ben? What were you like in high school?," Charles said.

"Just a chill dude but Ellie was definitely the rowdy type," he said.

"Don't throw me under the bus!?," I shouted.

"You called me, Benny."

"He has a point Ells," Henry said.

We all laughed out loud and I couldn't helped how much Ben have changed. He is always the supporter friend I can ever ask for. Except for my current best friends but I can have more.

But I do had to admit Ben really improved his self with his wonderful personality, strength, and looks.

"Hey Ben are you married?" I quickly covered my mouth as I say that. "I'm so sorry... that came out wrong."

"No it's okay plus unfortunately I'm still single at the moment."

I flustered a bit and got little nervous. My friends quickly noticed and Charles continued the conversation while Henry pulled me aside.

"Do you have a crush on Ben?," Henry said.

"I don't know maybe but I never saw him like that when we were in high school," I said,

"Well, you better figure it out before it's too late," he said.

"Don't act like my mom."

"I'm just being a good friend." We soon walked back when it was only Charles at the table and he have a smug look on his face.

"So what's going to be the ship name between Ellie and Ben," Charles smirked.

"Charles!?"

"How about Ellen, Blie, or Bernie," Henry grins.

"You guys are not funny!?," I said.

"You do them with us, so why not do it back," he said.

"Where did Ben go!?"

"The bathroom but he will be back," Charles said.

"So Ellie have any mixed feelings with Ben in your past," Henry joked.

"You shut your-"

"Hey Charles I'm... back..."
Ben saw the commotion and I can tell he's feels awkward watching me grabbing Henry's collar shirt. "Hey calm down tiger. You don't want to explode like last time."

"Don't worry I can handle her," Henry said.

I kicked his leg causing him to stumble back and Ben chuckled at this scene.

"I see why you guys are really good friends. The general was right."

"Yeah we been through a lot ever since completing the mission," I said, looking at my dearest friends.

They both smiled at me and I smiled back. I'm really happy I decided my life choices over the years. I met so many great people in my life.

"So I heard around the campus. Some people like call these two loving couple Stickvin or Henrles if it doesn't offend you," Ben said.

"No it doesn't," Charles said.

"Hey I know a great restaurant we can go to," Henry said.

"You're going steal aren't you," I joked.

"We moved pass that Ms Red."

Henry and Charles got the head start while Ben hold my hand as we followed behind him. And I can't wait to have new memories.

P.s there have been a couple changes through all the stories and made the Ambush story much longer. Also I planning to remake my first story of the Pink Crystal due to being too ridiculous and I feel guilty for making Charles not helpful as much. But I don't know when I'm getting started with that because I'm unfortunately busy with other things especially exams.